Tracker 1542 project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your boat looks great!

I live in Middleburg, FL and I am thinking of getting either an alumacraft 1448 or 1542 from academy sports, or the 1542 tracker like you have. The tracker boat and trailer from either Bass Pro or Gander is a great deal.

Im gonna be mostly running on Black Creek and some of the smaller lakes around Keystone Heights. I would love to hit the Suwanee river too. have you had your 1542 out on the St Johns? How did it do?

looking real good i like your seats just like mine! there benefit is if it has just rained you don't have to wait for your seat to dry to go fish just a quick wipe!

The first outboard I ever had was a 5HP Grant Sport.It was an Eska that was sold by Grants department store. My Pap bought it when Grant's went out of business. Seeing yours brought back some memories. Thanks Todd

Well I haven't posted in a while because I have been super busy. But I have gotten more done on the boat and thought I would post so pictures. I am very happy with how stable the boat is and I changed to a mini Jacker Jack Plate, shortened the trolling motor shaft from a 48" to a 36"(had warranty work done on the motor so had the shop put a new shaft on), depth finder is installed, changed seats to padded folding sheets, aerorated the livewell, put switches in to run the depth finder, nav lights, aerorator, and a 12v plug, and installed an onboard battery charger so after fishing I just plug it in.

Well I finally got some new pictures up. Not done yet but just showing the what is done so far. This is all aluminum including the decks and floor. I stand on the deck to fish which I am very happy with how stable the boat is. Boat runs about 26-28 with two guys, cooler, and fishing gear, which I need to replace my prop because it is in bad shape so hope to get a bit more out of it.

Attachments

• photo1a.JPG
    photo1a.JPG
    879.5 KB · Views: 1,118
  • photo4a.JPG
    photo4a.JPG
    660.9 KB · Views: 1,118
  • photo6a.JPG
    photo6a.JPG
    751.1 KB · Views: 1,118
  • photo2a.JPG
    photo2a.JPG
    643.9 KB · Views: 1,118
  • photo9a.JPG
    photo9a.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,118
  • photo8a.JPG
    photo8a.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,118
  • photo13a.JPG
    photo13a.JPG
    843.2 KB · Views: 1,118
  • photo12a.JPG
    photo12a.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,118
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,118
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,118
Would you happen to have any pictures of it in the water? And how much do you think that you have invested in this project?

No pictures of it in the water but can try to get some on Wednesday, would say tomorrow but supposed to rain. I don't have much invested because a friend did all the alumimum work for a bottle of Crown. He even supplied all of the braces, but I did by two pieces of aluminum decking. A 6x8 and a 5x8 1/4 thick, if you talk to the aluminum places they can get scratched or stained stuff for about half off, I payed $158 for both pieces which is about half price. And instead of welding you can rivit which there is a couple of rivited things on mine. In aluminum if you had to buy it probably about 250-325 in material, if you can get the discounted sheets. But I wanted to used that because it will never go bad. When the carpet wears out I think I will use the rhino liner stuff.

man that came out good ! i went with al as well. i used 1/8" with welded bracing real happy with it i'm 250, no squeeks solid as hell. i can imagine that 1/4"is like walkin on tha ground . i would keep jackin it up till it blows out on turns then drop it down 1/8" then cup the hell outa the leading edge of a stanless prop, that would hold the water like the palm of your hand and getya movin pretty good . again that's a sweet lookin rig
ed

Typo!! It's not 1/4 it is 1/8. I was rushing when I typed that last time. I have no sqeaks either. I had a sqeak in the floor between the seat but rivited that do instead of screws and fixed that problem. I love the way it came out.

Here is a couple of pics in the water. I was fishing alone so couldn't get any with someone in the boat but will in a few days.

Attachments

• boat in water.JPG
    boat in water.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 1,060
  • boat in water1.JPG
    boat in water1.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 1,060
So far I like the Mini Jacker a lot. Would like it to be an inch or so higher because I think it's only 3 1/2 high, but the boat handles great with it. I didn't like the aluminum color so I used some of the $23.00 paint (yes $23.00 for 12 ounces from the dealer... highway robbery!!!) to make the color. I still have to run screws through it but I have been tinking with the height. Want to make sure that it's right before I drill into it. I got mine from someone on this site for like $40 plus shipping so I had to do it, at least thats what I told my wife.

LOOKS GOOD! i posted pics of the elevator i got off you under the boat house section with the thread i started "grizzly 1448sc questions" works good. SOLID construction too!

Handles great in the water. I actually think it handle better with the extra weight. I am very happy with the boat... so far. I think when doing a build like this it is hard to find out when I am actually finished.

Two Questions:

Do you have any pics of the boat with someone in it in the water so I can see how it floats?

How does your motor push the boat. I'm thinking of buying a Tracker 1542 and I'm not sure what size motor I want.

Thanks and your mods look great.