Tracker 1542 project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the front deck with the deck hatches and carpet. Now I have to build the trolling motor mount which I think I am going to make a compartment along the front seat and put the switch panel there for the fish finder, lights, and anything else. So the to do list is trolling motor mount then rear deck and middle floor.

Attachments

• deck4.jpg
    deck4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,681
  • deck5.jpg
    deck5.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,681
  • deck6.jpg
    deck6.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,681
  • deck7.jpg
    deck7.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,681
Do you have an pictures on how you did it, how it was framed out, and did you just carpet the bench or is that wood all the way back to it. Sorry for all the questions lol trying to get ideas for when I get mine.

Fishbowl, There are pictures showing the whole frame in this post. Thanks Baitcaster, I am liking it. I really want to get going on the other stuff but my buddy is busy at the moment. We are hoping to get back at it later this week. I started thinking about putting a console in it. I priced the steering controls and they are under 200 bucks. Might have to wait a while but the more I look at it the more ideas I come up with, if only my bank account could keep up with my ideas. I am thinking about making a small storage area over the front bench with a trolling motor mount, what are y'all's thoughts on that?? Figure I could put the fish finder and electrical switches in the box.

O sorry I didn't realize that was the same boat LOL. Did you weld that? I wonder if i could do the same with wood?

Howard,
I went with the black because those lids are about 75-90 bucks a piece but I went to Great Lakes Skipper's website and found them for 47.00, then I called and they had the listed on Ebay for 39.99 so the lady gave my that price it was like a 2 for one but the only ones that cheap where the black. I figured the black would hide dirt a bit better. They are really strong and made to be stood on. I weight about 185 and it held my weight no problem at all. I will get more excited about it once the rear deck, middle floor, and trolling motor bracket are finished. Hopefully will be starting those in the next few days. [-o<

FishinFL said:
Howard,
I went with the black because those lids are about 75-90 bucks a piece but I went to Great Lakes Skipper's website and found them for 47.00, then I called and they had the listed on Ebay for 39.99 so the lady gave my that price it was like a 2 for one but the only ones that cheap where the black. I figured the black would hide dirt a bit better. They are really strong and made to be stood on. I weight about 185 and it held my weight no problem at all. I will get more excited about it once the rear deck, middle floor, and trolling motor bracket are finished. Hopefully will be starting those in the next few days. [-o<

I got my hatches from the same place... I found them on ebay, then called and ended up getting them cheaper without all the ebay bullcrap. They treated me great. Glad to see someone else also used them.

Well I finally got back to it. Got the trolling motor bracket made (we welded the top plate to the boat then riveted angle to the bench and used a little plate to cover the supports screwed it together for added strength, just have to paint it) and the trolling motor is installed. The bracket is very strong, think the front of the boat will rip off before the trolling motor falls off. Question on this one because according to the directions the trolling motor should be level and I talked to a boat mechanic and he said that it really doesn't matter. I ask this because my buddy that is helping me actually reads directions ( really who does this??) and when shimmed up the trolling motor level but I think I am going to remove the shims, it is not way far off level to begin with. Ok, and next was the rear deck and the floor. The rear deck was a simply frame and I wanted an access panel to get to the fuel tank but we wanted the panel to be weight bearing. So the frame is riveted in and the cross member under the panel door is screwed in so I can remove that support and out comes the fuel tank. Then the middle floor, we got the floor installed and I need to get the foam to go under it but that is an easy install. I have the carpet sitting in the shed and ready to go in but the weather was crappy so will probably do it Friday or Saturday. Well here is some pictures.

Attachments

• trolling motor mount 4.jpg
    trolling motor mount 4.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,877
  • trolling motor mount 3.jpg
    trolling motor mount 3.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,877
  • trolling motor mount2.jpg
    trolling motor mount2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,877
  • Trolling motor mount1.jpg
    Trolling motor mount1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,877
  • rear deck frame.jpg
    rear deck frame.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,877
  • rear deck1.jpg
    rear deck1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,877
  • rear deck.jpg
    rear deck.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,877
  • tracker3.jpg
    tracker3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,877
Looks good. So, what did you decide to do to attach the base plate for your rear seat to the rear bench? I am finding that my self-tappers are already getting loose.

The way we connected the base plate is that 4 of the bolts are through the frame we made, but the bolts that go into the bench we used riv-nuts. The riv-nuts worked great and seem strong. In the next few days I will lift the rear deck and take some pictures of how the base is connected

FishinFL said:
The way we connected the base plate is that 4 of the bolts are through the frame we made, but the bolts that go into the bench we used riv-nuts. The riv-nuts worked great and seem strong. In the next few days I will lift the rear deck and take some pictures of how the base is connected

I am not very familar with rivet nuts. Are they stronger than regular rivets? Do they need a special tool? Where do you get them?

Baitcaster,
They are only a rivet in the fact that when you put them in the mushroom on the bottom but they have threads for the bolts to run through. I had not seen them until my buddy said we should use them but I think they are awesome.

Well got the carpet on the rear deck and ended up short for the floor so back to home depot. Now I guess I get ready to start on the wiring. Need to get some good seats, put the cheap ones in it for now until I can get some better ones. I just want this project usable until it is completed. So tomorrow I will finish the carpet on the floor and get some foam, then to the parts store to look at wiring.

Attachments

• rear deck4.jpg
    rear deck4.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,601
  • rear deck3.jpg
    rear deck3.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,601
  • Tracker almost done.jpg
    Tracker almost done.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,601
  • rear deck2.jpg
    rear deck2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,601
how fast does your boat go with the 20 hp i have that boat and im looking for a outboard that will push me and 2 others with gear at a good speed

Latest posts