Tracker Grizzly 1648AWL

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papaco

Reaction score
This is a great site and I have received a lot of ideas and tips thru various posts, thank you. So now it’s time I contributed my project to hopefully help others.
I bought new a 2007 Tracker Grizzly 1648 AWL in July of 2008 and started this project in August. I have about 100 man hours & a very patient wife.
Below are the pictures from start to finish.
Feel free to ask any questions and offer constructive criticism.

Attachments

• Boat 012.jpg
    Boat 012.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,425
  • Boat 008.jpg
    Boat 008.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 1,431
  • Boat 007.jpg
    Boat 007.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,434
  • Boat 004.jpg
    Boat 004.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,429
  • boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,423
More Pictures

Attachments

• Boat 021.jpg
    Boat 021.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,425
  • Boat 017a copy.jpg
    Boat 017a copy.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,435
  • Boat 016a copy.jpg
    Boat 016a copy.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,443
  • Boat 015.jpg
    Boat 015.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 1,427
  • Boat 014.jpg
    Boat 014.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,425
Looks awesome man. I have an 08 1548 grizzly. They are great boats. What motor are you going with? I have a 25hp 4 stroke mercury on mine.

AnthonySPT11 said:
Looks awesome man. I have an 08 1548 grizzly. They are great boats. What motor are you going with? I have a 25hp 4 stroke mercury on mine.

Right now I have a 1998 Yamaha 15HP 2 stroke. I am looking for a 25 HP.

Are you satisfied with the 25hp on your Grizzly?

Cheeseball said:
Lookin good so far. What is that white material you are using for flooring?

The sides are 1/4" polyethylene sheeting:
https://www.plasticlumberyard.com/plasticlumber.htm#Sheeting

The flooring is 1/2" marine grade plywood, painted with Cabelas Tuff Coat.
https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/...gle&cm_pla=tuff coat&cm_ite=netcon&hasJS=true

Paint is great has rubber chunks in it to provide non-skid. If anyone interested in applying this, follow the instructions exactly for best use. Use the special roller, get a mixer that attaches to a drill & read the customer comments on the Cabelas website to get some product knowledge.

Is that a livewell on your front deck extension? That's exactly what I'm wanting to do with my boat's front deck. Did you build that out of plywood also? I'd like to see more pics of exactly how you did the front deck so I can do it to mine. The boat looks awesome. =D>

Seth - I think that's his access door to his batteries and the storage area under his front pedestal

I would like to see more pics of everything! You can never had too much. Seeing your boat is basically how I'm planning on redoing mine - and now I know where to mount my lights

Seth said:
Is that a livewell on your front deck extension? That's exactly what I'm wanting to do with my boat's front deck. Did you build that out of plywood also? I'd like to see more pics of exactly how you did the front deck so I can do it to mine. The boat looks awesome. =D>

No that is not a livewell. That is an access hatch for misc. stored equipment and access to breaker switch.

The front deck is made of 3/4" marine grade plywood. Most of the custom deck support is provided by the verticle plate; 3/4" marine grade plywood that rests on the boat floor. See picture boat 08.jpg (in place) see picture boat 015.jpg (removed).

I will get some more pictures of the structure of the front deck. Give me to beginning of next week.

russ010 said:
Seth - I think that's his access door to his batteries and the storage area under his front pedestal

I would like to see more pics of everything! You can never had too much. Seeing your boat is basically how I'm planning on redoing mine - and now I know where to mount my lights

I will take some more detailed pics, give me to begining of next week.

Papaco,
I am very satisfied with my 25. I haven't checked it yet but I would guess it will run around 25mph or so. It easily planes the boat with 3 people in it. The best part about it is that I have been fishing 5-6 times on one tank of gas.

I would like to get some more detailed pictures. I have this same exact boat and I would like to build a deck extension like that, but I need something to look at so I will know what I am doing. Can you email me more pics

[email protected]

That interior looks amazing with the white Tuff Coat. I was leaning towards grey, but I might go the route of white after seeing that. Really helps the LEDs light up the interior better as well IMHO.

How thick is that Tuff Coat? I was going to go with the vinyl flooring from either Cabelas or Marideck, but I like the ease of rolling on a liner like Tuff Coat...Just curious if it will hold up as well.

daniel_loz said:
That interior looks amazing with the white Tuff Coat. I was leaning towards grey, but I might go the route of white after seeing that. Really helps the LEDs light up the interior better as well IMHO.

How thick is that Tuff Coat? I was going to go with the vinyl flooring from either Cabelas or Marideck, but I like the ease of rolling on a liner like Tuff Coat...Just curious if it will hold up as well.

It's pretty think and they recommend 2 coats. It is holding up great.

One quick thing on the white, it attracts bugs. Next time I think I might go with the Sand color.

Great looking boat you have there. I have a 1654SC myself. It should do great with the batteries up front. The more weight I have moved up front on mine the better it rides. I really love it.

Latest posts