Tracker Jon Boat Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OklahomaTony

Reaction score
I just bought a new 2010 TRACKER® Topper™ 1436 Riveted Jon
and I was wondering if anyone has somewhere to recommend in
Oklahoma to do a conversion? I just dont have time to do it myself.
I barely have time time to fish but I do make time for that. I mainly want
the front to be platformed so I can use a foot control motor and a tall seat.
If you know of anyone please email me.

Thanks for any help
Tony

Attachments

• Topper-1436-Riveted-Jon_img5466_700.jpg
    Topper-1436-Riveted-Jon_img5466_700.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,857
Tall seat on a 1436? Take a bar stool with you fishing and sit on it to see if you like it first.

Read the builds, read the to deck or not to deck thread in the sticky up top.

Personally I'd take the 1436 flat bottom canoe back and get a 1448, a whole different class of boat that you can do a lot of different stuff with. On a 1436, a bottom deck enough to make the floor level and some 6" posts on the existing seats maybe.

What are you going to use your boat for? What type fishing? What fish?

Jamie

I don't know why the boat is called a "Topper", but if you intend to put it on top of a car or truck, forget any mods at all. You'd never be able to do any permanent additions to the boat and lift it up to transport. If you are really devoted to the 36" wide bottom, take it out and stand in it first on the floor and then on a seat to see if you really want to try to make a deck to stand on. I tried it a couple of times on my old 1236 and didn't care for the feeling that I was always just one unguarded movement away from going in the drink.

If you could get it over here to Georgia, I'd be your man. Heck, for the right price, I'd offer pickup and delivery. :lol:

I did a 1436 mod, with a deck at the top of the seats, complete with foot operated trolling motor, and a butt seat, and the customer loves it. He isn't the biggest of people, which definitely helps, but he has no problem with it, even fishing two people out of it. Depends how steady you are.

I think I am going to go back and get the 1448 instead. Thanks for your help.
I am 250lbs and my partner is same size as well. I mostly do pond bass fishing so
standing up is a minimal.

Thanks
Tony

OklahomaTony said:
I just bought a new 2010 TRACKER® Topper™ 1436 Riveted Jon
and I was wondering if anyone has somewhere to recommend in
Oklahoma to do a conversion? I just dont have time to do it myself.
I barely have time time to fish but I do make time for that. I mainly want
the front to be platformed so I can use a foot control motor and a tall seat.
If you know of anyone please email me.

Thanks for any help
Tony
Hi Tony. I have a Lowe 1436 as do many other guys on here. I have a front deck and a middle floor and a rear deck as well. I am 250 lbs. as well and fish in front of the boat with no problem. Before you go and spend more money on the upgrade of a larger boat, please feel free to check out my layout in the mods section under jonboatjerry. Especially if you are only using it to fish small waters and / or restricted hp or electric only lakes.

OklahomaTony said:
I think I am going to go back and get the 1448 instead. Thanks for your help.
I am 250lbs and my partner is same size as well. I mostly do pond bass fishing so
standing up is a minimal.

Thanks
Tony
If you are just fishing ponds and don't intend to stand and fish the 1436 is probably all you need.

Latest posts