Trailer first

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan the man

Reaction score
Big Hello to the forum,.. I have this old boat that I've been holding on to for years,.. Every year I say this is it.. This is the year that I get it together and in the water.. Well,.. this is the year!! I hope..
So I wanted to start by getting the trailer ready first.. Its an old Moody thats seen better days.. It is going to need blasting.. Any thoughts on powder coating??

Stan

Attachments

• PIC00003.JPG
    PIC00003.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,660
Wire brush it and brush paint it with a quart of rustoleum rusty metal primer. Slap on 3 coats of rustoleum black. Give it time to dry between coats. Blasting and powder coat, why?

Stumpalump said:
Wire brush it and brush paint it with a quart of rustoleum rusty metal primer. Slap on 3 coats of rustoleum black. Give it time to dry between coats. Blasting and powder coat, why?

x2. Put savings into any hardware, suspension, & elect parts that need updating/replacing.

You might even want to investigate some of the implement paints from Tractor Supply.

Roger

watch out for those TS quarts of paint, the one by me either doesnt sell much or something cause every quart of black on the shelf was solid as a rock!

Mine is beyond wire brushing.. When and if I get to it,.. the plan is to strip it down, and put the small parts in my blasting cabinet.. the larger parts (frame rails) will be taken to a commercial blaster.. At that point I will probably just put a good coat of primer and paint on it..