trailer ready for almost all new parts.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screwballl

Reaction score
Backstory: I originally bought this 14ft jon boat and trailer all together for $400. The boat itself is solid, but the trailer has needed a LOT of work since the PO used it a lot in salt water so everything but the frame is rusted to the point of falling apart. Previously I HAD to buy new rim+tires (4.80x8) since the old ones were looked like they were as old as I am (34).

Now that we got tax return, I spent a little over $200 for a few new parts (ordered today).

New 1.5" square straight axle and ubolt/tie plate kit $100 after S&H.
New L44649 bearing kit for both sides $25 after S&H (my old hubs should work fine since it is the same 1.980" I.D. hubface to match the O.D. of the bearings).
New leaf springs for both sides $41 after S&H
and then $45 for a LED tail light kit that includes side markers and 27ft. wiring.

Now I just need to find a 48" long galvanized or steel 2" square bar to put across the back (if anyone has a source let me know), and 2 more smaller size (around 1.5") on each side with PVC over them and use for guides. I may use 1.25" galvanized pipe cut to length at the local hardware store which will make it easier to slide the PVC over. The new tail lights will go at the top of the guides. Unfortunately the cheapest place I found for a pre-made set was here: LINK