transom mount on bow, pictures please

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcapitanmas

Reaction score
Looking to mount a transom mount tm on my bow until i can afford the ipilot, anyone have any pictures of their mounts or what materials they used? Obv a 2x4 would be fine for my application, but I'd like to run it a little bit neater than that. the bow mount plate is where I'll be mounting whatever I decide to go with.

Thanks
E

IMG_0451.jpg

I don't have any pictures, but I took a transom motor, turned the head, put it on the mount off of a foot control motor and mounted it it front. Works just fine for me. I use my trolling motor while duck hunting so a foot control motor isn't convenient and the factory bow mount tiller motors are way too high.
Chris

I also did this for a while. Like was said above, you can turn the head on most TMs pretty easily.

If this is just temporary, don't worry about being to neat and fancy. 2x4s are cheap and strong and will serve you well until you can get the new TM.

Nice boat! 8) You could build something like in the image below to work temporarily out of 2" x 6" lumber. I use something similar on the bow of my boat but it's built out of steel...I am going to build me a new one pretty soon out of aluminum.
And like the others said just turn the head on the TM.
I also have a Bigfoot switch on my TM so that I can turn it on and off with my foot and not have to reach over with my hand every time I want to turn on the TM...very handy, especially in windy conditions.

TempTM-bracket.jpg

Latest posts