Tree stands

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggerhead Mike

Reaction score
I bought a Summit Goliath last year and love it.

It sleeps quite well. :lol:

I have some friends with various API's and they like those as well.

I have also have a summit stand. I forget the model as I have not used it in a few years, but I think it is a viper, or something like that. I really like it, climbs easily and quietly, super comfy, and I feel very safe in it. Don't forget the safety harness :!:

I have a Cabelas Mega Bucks Climber made by Summit. It weighs around 20 pounds, climbs easily, sleeps well, and packs easily. I don't know if it is still on the Cabelas website or not. You can't go wrong with a Summit stand.

ouch :shock: did you fall out of the tree?

I was in a buddys stand the other weekend, got ready to get down, made my first shimmy, then the bottom bootstraps came off my feet and there goes the standing plate down the tree. So im just hangin there by my arms, no harness, a good 30ft up, waitin on my buddy to walk up to try and help me out. scared the crap outta me! of course like a dummy, he didnt have a rope tied to both pieces, and i didnt even pay attention when i shimmy'd up the tree. more or less, I just upgraded my health insurance for accident's, and I learnt a valuable lesson :mrgreen:

Having a rope between the two sections is definitely important. I won't go up without the harness :shock:

i checked out some of the summit stands, there pretty sweet but the way works goin i think ima have to go with a cheap-o :cry:

I have been using the grand ol'man for about 15 years and love it. Alot of the newer stands aren't bow hunter friendly. Now ol'man has aluminum versions and I want one so it's lighter.

Ohhh the reason that's important to me is because where I hunt it is bow hunting only the whole season.

i bought the Summit 180 SS last year.. most comfortable stand I've ever owned.

I also looked at the ... i can't remember the name, but I think it had Bayou in it somewhere. I tried them out at the store and felt comfortable, but with the 180, I can face the tree, turn away from the tree... and i've got lots of room to wiggle around.

i ended up buyin a used ole man steal version before they sold out to make them cheaper

i was skeptical buying it because with just the net to sit on didnt look to comfy, but its by far the most confy stand ive been in. couldnt be happyer with it. that net molds perfectly to ur *** :mrgreen: