trolling motor any help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarego

Reaction score
After getting my boat back from the shop 700 for engine work apparenty the boat was left outside. i have a motorguide brute in the front of my 1988 tracker 17' tx it was working before i went. theres a foot pedal on it when with a momentary switch on off on when its all the way to the left theres a button on the foot pedal that you press with your foot to full power that works. but when i push her to the right and try to control the speed it doesnt work ????? any help would be appreciated

look for a disconnected wire in the control? You should be able to test the switch with a multimeter. They aren't usually expensive to fix.

Take it apart and see if there is a loose wire or corrosion

PS - Take lots of photos as you go if it looks at all complicated

take the foot pedal itself apart, and you may/might find a pressure/contact switch under the momentary switch (gray piece). You should find where a rubber boot/cover was over the pressure/contact switch, you need that rubber boot/cover for it to work. Any repair shop should have 'em. they dry rot out. I have a 04 43 pro series that this happened to. Easy fix.

as im learning with boats it was an easier fix then i was expecting. I cleaned the terminals on the switch and she is now working sometimes looking over the small stuff can be a real headache

clarego said:
as im learning with boats it was an easier fix then i was expecting. I cleaned the terminals on the switch and she is now working sometimes looking over the small stuff can be a real headache

Awesome. And you are right - lots of little details to go over - but once you do you will start to know where to look

yea; we've all been there, and done that. but, why does it always seem to be the"LAST" thing we look at, or replace? :lol:

Latest posts