Trolling motor battery?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparsons

Reaction score
So I have a 1432 john boat, nothing fancy. My battery was stolen recently so im in the market for a new one. My question is for just a little trolling around, is a marine battery really needed?

You are going to want a deep cycle. It will handle the discharging and recharging better thus over all longer life.

Walmart batteries are less than $100, and will serve you well for 3-5 years depending on your battery maint procedures. Hate to hear someone stole your other one. Hate thieves. :evil:

They probably dropped it into a car and it will only last them a few hard starts. Hopefully, when it dies, it is the time the thieves need it the most, and justice finds them....

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=353110#p353110 said:
bgeddes » 21 May 2014, 23:51[/url]"]They probably dropped it into a car and it will only last them a few hard starts. Hopefully, when it dies, it is the time the thieves need it the most, and justice finds them....

They probably scrapped it. 10 batteries will give you $100 or half a days worth of meth for a couple low lifes. That's what they do with them up here anyway.

I agree with the WalMart NevaStart batteries. You can spend $300 on a sealed AGM battery that lasts 5 years or $79 on a NevaStart that I get about 2 solid years out of with pretty hardcore use. The key is a really good float charger. It's almost more important than the battery.

Latest posts