Trolling Motor Cable Replacement

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgraham

Reaction score
Hey guys I wanted to try and get some feedback on a new item I have purchased. I have replaced my trolling motor cable several times over the last couple of years, and tried several different types of cord including 550 para cord ran through tubing to prevent fraying.. Well, I came across this little jewel on Blackbear Sporting Goods website the other day. Its called the Gforce Trolling Motor Cable.. Lifetime warranty, and guaranteed not to brake or fray.. Anyone one here ever tried these? If so, give me some feed back please. I purchased one for me, and also got my friend one for his minn kota.. Individual price was $30 each, and shipping was kinda hefty coming in at $10, but if it saves us from having to do an on the water fix, it was well worth it..

Attachments

• gforce.jpg
    gforce.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 601
Bought one, installed it very easily, and broke it.

Really loved it, but it did break. NOT the cable. The method in which they secure the cable to the handle wasn't enough for me. It pulled right through the handle. If I can figure out a way (when time allows)....I'm going to resecure it permanantly to the handle and then re-install on my boat.

Wasn't aware of the lifetime warrenty. I'm going to have to look into that.

Latest posts