trolling motor for a 1648 MV

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swump

Reaction score
I've got a Lowe 1648 MV with a new bow deck that I added for stand up fly fishing.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23564

I'm looking for a hand control bow hinge mount trolling motor. The Minn Kota Edge 45 looks like a good fit,but I'm not sure the 45" shaft 45 lb thrust is right for my boat.(I will not make any shaft length or thrust double entendre references here; and pardon my French).

With the hand control will I be able to get the handle up to waist high or higher with the motor running? I Expect to put a handle extension on, but I don't want the handle angled down too much. Is the 55" shaft necessary?

Also, there a number remanufactured units available for about 1/3 less than a new one. Anyone have experience with a factory rebuilt trolling motor? Thanks for suggestions.

I have an edge 45 bow mount on my Crestliner 1648 and it pulls it just fine. It has troubles if you are trying to go up a strong current though.

I have an Alweld 1652 with a Minn Kota Riptide 55# thrust on it.
Works great and is 12 volt. I use primarily in salt water....very durable piece of equipment
I think it has a 52" shaft and is hand steering.