trolling motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianlt21

Reaction score
I have a 14ft Mirro craft deep fisherman and I have a transom mount trolling motor but want to upgrade to a bow mount trolling motor for better fish ability.. My buddy has almost the same boat so I know I need at least a 42" shaft. but I paid $350 for boat and trailer so don't want to put a pile of money in the trolling motor. he told me to buy a motor guide but I can't find one in my price range. but one the other had can find minnkota's in my range.

i would buy what ever one i had the money for i have used both brands and to me there are no difference in them check walmart ,basspro,cabelos, they have them from a hundred dollars and up

Here's a nice solution from another member:
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5078

I looked for weeks for a used TM, not too many available. Those that are are old, or close to new price. And buying used, there's no warranty. I decided it was best to buy new, and get a factory warranty. Tiller bow-mounts aren't that much cheaper than foot-controlled.

If you can use a transom mount tiller model on the bow, like shown in the link above, it'll be your cheapest way out.

ST

Latest posts