trolling motorstopped working.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Coar

Reaction score
Today, I was fishing the local lake and went through some weeds and it sounded like the motor was bogging down I pulled it put cleared the weeds from the prop,and now the motor doesn't work. Any
suggestions ?

The Prop still spins, and I had it wired directly to the battery... I don't hear anything when I turn it on.

I HAVE HAD IT WHERE SOO MUC CRAP GETS WOUND AROUND THE SHAFT THAT IT HOLD OPEN THE SEAL AND FILL THE MOTOR WITH WATER SHORTING OUT THE MOTOR AND NOT LETTING IT WORK IF YOU AR HANDY THEY ARE NOT HARD TO WORK ON, TAKE THE TWO BOLTS LOOSE UNDER THE PROP AND PULL IT APRT AND SEE IF THERE IS ANY WATER IN THERE, IF THERE IS YOULL MORE THAN LIKELY WANT TO REPLACE THE SEALS, ID FIND A REBUILD KIT, I BOUGHT ONE FOR MINE JUST AMONTH AGO WAS 35 BUCKS, CAME WITH ALL THE SEALS BRUSHES,BEARINGS, WAS WELL WORTH IT.

If your TM has it, did you check to see if the switch on the side is on? I did the same thing last week. Cleaned off the weeds and it wouldn't run. I had a momentary freak out, then realized my foot bumped the side switch to off.

BOB350RX said:
I HAVE HAD IT WHERE SOO MUC CRAP GETS WOUND AROUND THE SHAFT THAT IT HOLD OPEN THE SEAL AND FILL THE MOTOR WITH WATER SHORTING OUT THE MOTOR AND NOT LETTING IT WORK IF YOU AR HANDY THEY ARE NOT HARD TO WORK ON, TAKE THE TWO BOLTS LOOSE UNDER THE PROP AND PULL IT APRT AND SEE IF THERE IS ANY WATER IN THERE, IF THERE IS YOULL MORE THAN LIKELY WANT TO REPLACE THE SEALS, ID FIND A REBUILD KIT, I BOUGHT ONE FOR MINE JUST AMONTH AGO WAS 35 BUCKS, CAME WITH ALL THE SEALS BRUSHES,BEARINGS, WAS WELL WORTH IT.

x2, they aren't hard to work on. If you have a multimeter, you can check for current and follow it from the battery, thru the controls, to the brushes. Somewhere in there will be your problem. I'd check to make sure you have have power up to the controls first.