Turkey.. first Thanksgiving at my house!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alumacraftjoe

Reaction score
We usually go to my in laws for Thanksgiving, but my MIL had to work. So we hosted Thanksgiving for my parents and my sister and her kids. I deep fried my first Turkey and it was a big hit. It came out great and I am planning to do another one for Christmas Eve. Was nice since this was the first time my mom got out of the house since breaking her hip in a fall about a month ago.

Oct012011001.jpg

Oct012011002.jpg

You'd think after 4 days of eating turkey the sight of one won't do much for me, but that thing looks yummy. Great job Joe!

Looks awesome Joe.

The question to ask now, has the tradition been passed to you now?

We still go to my parents and inlaws, but soon the torch will be passed..............

Jim said:
Looks awesome Joe.

The question to ask now, has the tradition been passed to you now?

We still go to my parents and inlaws, but soon the torch will be passed..............

We will probably always go to my in laws on Thanksgiving if my mother in law is not working. And sure we will always go to my parents for Christmas Eve, but I am officially in charge of the turkey for Christmas Eve from now on. I am really looking into getting into smoking food as well.... have actually wanted to for a while and your posts are getting me motivated to go for it. I really actually enjoy the cooking did 6 pies on Wednesday and then the Turkey on Thanksgiving.