Ultimate lure saver

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not loaded, I just do not think it is worth the trouble. Besides, the engineer who designed the lure intended for that specific hook to be used. I do not want to have to keep an intensive supply of treble hooks on hand. Besides for me it's a confidence thing. If the lure has been repaired I have it in my mind it won't work.

Why not just replace the hooks with the exact same hooks. All commercially sold lures use standard type treble hooks - most use commercially avaiable brands.

Further, many lure companies even sell split rings and pliers to replace the hooks if they become rusty, dull or bent. Rapala sure does for one.

Yo-Zuri lures use owner hooks

Many other brands use Gamakats, Mustad and VMC hooks.

Even if you cannot match the brand of treble hook you can always match teh size and weight.

By way of example - Owner Treble hooks sell for $3.50 for a six pack - hardly something to toss a $15 or $20.00 lure away over.

I agree most guys change the hooks out on their baits before using them.
the one company that changing the hook affects the action is arbogast they use heavy hooks and the lighter hook messes with the action..

live in the now man CHANGE IS GOOD even if it is only a hook..

Latest posts