Ultimate lure saver

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Just from the name you would think this is the best invention since sliced bread. Is it?

Company Website: https://www.ultimateluresaver.com/index.cfm

This product I always wanted to buy and try. But I never got around to trying it. Seems like a great idea, but mixed reviews are plenty. Lures are getting up there in price, upwards of $20. Now I know allot of us will not throw them because we are afraid to lose those expensive cranks. What if there was a way to make sure you do not lose your lure. All you lose is the hook. Would you try it? Why not? Tackle Tour did a review : https://www.tackletour.com/reviewultimateluresaver.html they seems to like it. The theory works.

So this is the game plan. I need 9 people who want to try this out on there own, and who are willing to lose one of there crappy cranks. Sharpen some old rusty hooks, bust out the dollar clearance section crankbaits, and let’s have some fun. Does this work or is it too good to be true.

I ordered 3 sets:
A set of 6 pound test, 8 pound test, and 10 pound test. There are 3 sets of rings per pound test.

You have to match your line rating to the link as described here: https://www.ultimateluresaver.com/how.cfm
Please read there website and rigging methods and choose which one you want.

I need 1 person for 6 pound class 1,JustfishN 2,69machI
I need 2 people for 8 pound class 1,fishnfever
I need 0 people for 10 pound class 1,Bryce 2,Icefisher15 3,Esquired

First come first serve.

I want pros and cons again. Were you able to retrieve the lure after a snag? Did you catch a fish and not lose it?

Remember cheap cranks and old hooks. I will not be responsible for lost lures LOL!

I know this one is going to take awhile, so Im goin to try to have everyones results by the middle of June.

I am in for the 10 lb test. I hope I dont hook a huge fish and these things come undone... I will use them for striper fishing I allways get hung up in those rockpiles.

I'll do a 6 pound test if you want

I hope they work.. if they do I'll buy some lol I am always losing things

I will also do a 10lb review if you still need one. I plan one using it on my boat in the Delaware Bay and Offshore for Stripers and Tuna so I can really give it a test!

jimmyt, i would like to try the 8 lb if you have any left. i just hope they dont give when i have a big ole fish on there. this would benefit me because i like to fish shallow woody areas and i am constantly losing lures and getting wet to retrieve them. if i can just lose one trebel, that would be much better.

wingshooter1002 said:
jimmyt, i would like to try the 8 lb if you have any left. i just hope they dont give when i have a big ole fish on there. this would benefit me because i like to fish shallow woody areas and i am constantly losing lures and getting wet to retrieve them. if i can just lose one trebel, that would be much better.

Excellent! In the mail tomorrow!

Thanks,
Jim

Here is a quote from Cjensen from another forum just yesterday about the luresaver:

Chartreuse Perch. I decided I was gonna really force myself to throw cranks around timber this year. So far I really like the results.
As a side note I replaced the stock split rings with some luresaver split rings (rated 10lbs). I've read both good and bad things about them but I figured I'd give em a try since my aim isnt all it should be and I was throwing a LC into some pretty thick cover. I got hung up quite a few times, replaced a total of 6 hooks because of hangups but never lost the crank. Landed 3 fish total (this one being the hardest fight) with no problems and no hooks coming loose because of fish. Just thought I'd pass that along.

This is the story of the fish he caught:
Afternoon all,
I dont post a whole lot on here but thought I'd share my new PB with you all. Yesterday was my first day out on the home lake (gotta love work!) Caught her around some submerged timber in about 10-12 ft of water. The mighty Lucky Craft RC 2.5 was my weapon of choice for the day. Have been forcing myself to get comfortable throwing crankbaits around timber. With a toad like this I dont know if I'll throw much of anything else. My buddy was throwing a spinnerbait as well as a jig and didnt have any takers. Didnt have a scale with me but I'm comfortable saying she's at least 6lbs. All in all a pretty good 1st day on the water.

I will post a pic of the fish later If I remember LOL!

Anyone get a chance to try theirs yet?

Me....nope! Hopefully within a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• cjensen.jpg
    cjensen.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,648

Latest posts