up the creek without a working outboard.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

200racing

Reaction score
my dad and i who is a dedicated fly fisherman. he loves to throw one fly, a rattling frog.

i had a trip i have wanted to take him on for a while.

from the launch we ran about 6 miles down the lake and up a creek. while we have never caught big fish there smallers spots bite all the time. we go to play with ultra light gear and because its cooler with cliff banks that mean shade except right at high noon.

my dad and i caught a dozen a dozen 6'' to 1lb spots.
my friend caught a nice spot close to 2lbs https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/995046_10151489279376795_1871708707_n.jpg

then we ran about 2 miles down stream to the lake to a island with great grass around it. this is normally hollow body frog territory for me. since a frog topwater was what my friend was throwing i desided to flip/pitch a pitt boss. i bought this setup during the bps classic but aside to practicing in the yard it has had a frog on it 99%of the time. about 20 minutes in my lure landing was followed by a explosion.found the culprit

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/7459_10151489310291795_82832494_n.jpg
i think ilike this flipping thing :lol:

gear for the day.

8ft skeet reese flipping rod, lh bps pq 7.1. 50lb powerpro, big texas colored pittboss, 1/2oz pegged weight, heavy straight shank hook.

last cast was around 8:30 and we headed for the landing about 300yds into the trip my outboard started running terrible and died. it cranked but would die at any attempt to go in gear. so i think no big deal 5 minutes later new plugs in and it fires right up and off we go. 400yds later it dies again purchased non ethanol fuel from a store on the way to there vs. my go-to station so i suspect bad gas, there is a small screen filter on the block so i empty/clean it and then go about draining the carbs. after much frustration i can only get to 2 of the 3 with the tools at hand. give it a go and it fires right up. we were able to idle back to the land arriving a 10:15
while my dad backed the trailer in i did a quick full throttle run and it didnt even hicup :-k
not sure what think of that. im still desided im draining, flushing and cleaning the whole system tank to carbs and putting a fuel/water separator this weekend. i fish to much and go way to far out there for this to rear it head again.