Using A Sonar In Two Locations

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akg414

Reaction score
Has anyone rigged their sonar units to be used in two places? I'd like to be able to use it in the rear, then pop it off and bring it up front for trolling. Can this be done and if so how do I do it?

I am thinking of doing the same thing on my boat. I am considering purchasing an additional transducer and mount for the transom and keep that plugged into my Garmin 150 while motoring and then plugging in the trolling motor transducer when up front. I have a 1232 and plan to just keep the unit mounted in the same place in the boat. I may breakdown and purchase a separate garmin100 as they are cheap and a second transducer runs near as much as a new complete unit but then I would have to power a second unit and space is at a premium in a 1232.

You will need two mounting brakets for the head unit, 2 transducers, and two power wires. Mount one transducer to your stern for when your using your outboard, then mount the other on your trolling motor. Go to the site for whatever brand you have and you should be able to order everthing you need. Of course it might be cheaper or the same price to add an inexpensive second unit in the back for running.

I agree you can buy a cheep fishfinder for about the same price. CK Ebay & craig's list. Also the 2014 unit's are coming out you can get deal's on 2013 model's.