Vinyl Images, llc boat name and numbers giveaway!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog

Reaction score
We are very happy to be a part of this site and want to show our support of tinboats.net and its members by doing a giveaway.

I want to see your old beat up boat numbers and boat names. Post pictures of your beat up, old, flaking off, faded boat numbers and/or boat name and the worst top two will receive brand spakin' new numbers and name sent to you free of charge.

Maybe you don't have numbers or a name on your boat but need them, get creative and the top creative entry will also receive a name and numbers. There will be one winner in the "wildcard" category.

Rules: Post your pictures in this thread and the top two ugliest graphics will be chosen by my employees and myself. There will be one winner in the "wildcard" category chosen by my employees and myself. Contest ends January 31st at midnight. Contest winners will be announced February 1st. Winners will get to chose the color, size, and design of the names and numbers.

Bummer...I would qualify for an entry but my boat is in winter storage (not at my home) and I will not have access to it until very early spring...maybe run a similar contest in spring for us northern guys.... :(

Outdoosman

Cool giveaway.
I will enter but I also want to talk to you about graphics for my service vans.

LonLB - I will be more than happy to change the name if you win the contest and that goes for anyone else also.

Outdoorsman - You have a very good point that I did not think of. I will run this contest again in the Spring.

Thad - PM me at your convenience and we can talk.

Well, I'd like to add a name to my unnamed vessel. My wife and I have agreed that "she" (the boat) should now be called "*The Other Woman". After 50 years of a happy married life, I finally have an "Other Woman". Ha ha Rich **** changed at the request of my wise and loving wife***
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. Oh yes, for those of you who want to RENAME your boat...please remember that there is a seafaring tradition involved here.

A very small excerpt from one site is the following incantation that MUST be properly delivered..along with some alcohol and other important items. There is a LOT more that must be done and said to keep the Gods of the Sea off your case.... check it out on the 'net. Rich

Incantation...
Oh mighty and great ruler of the seas and oceans, to whom all ships and we who venture upon your vast domain are required to pay homage, implore you in your graciousness to expunge for all time from your records and recollection the name (here insert the old name of your vessel) which has ceased to be an entity in your kingdom. As proof thereof, we submit this ingot bearing her name to be corrupted through your powers and forever be purged from the sea. (At this point, the prepared metal tag is dropped from the bow of the boat into the sea.)

In grateful acknowledgment of your munificence and dispensation, we offer these libations to your majesty and your court. (Pour at least half of the bottle of Champagne into the sea from East to West. The remainder may be passed among your guests.

Really cool contest, I guess I'd have to go for the wildcard race.

I've always wanted to get a decal made up for my boat's unofficial name "Dance With Who You Brought". I fish a lot of local tournaments out of my 16 foot tinboat, against a lot of older guys with 40K+ glitter rockets. I've placed in the top 5 many times, and I love being underestimated when I get to the weigh-in.

"Dance with who you brought" was a saying I got from my high school football coach, and it fits perfectly with my boat. I'm in school full time, working nights, and money is tight to say the least. I worked on smaller boats, sold them, saved up, and managed to buy my 16 footer. Then came even more saving so I could build decks from scratch.

While I'd love to be at the helm of a 225 Mercury for every blast off, I'm perfectly confident competing with my old 40 horse. There's no point in sitting there whining about your boat, you just control what you can control.

You dance with who you brought!

Never been good at photoshop, but I always wanted to make a cartoon of a fisherman slowdancing with a giant bass to go along with it :lol:

bulldog ..... Thats great that you would consider a spring contest for people who have the boats wrapped up in winter storage.. I'd say early to mid April would work...

Thanks.

Outdoorsman.

bulldog ..... Sometimes the little things make all the difference....

Just because of the fact that you would even consider a early spring contest speaks volumes to your willingness to be fair, which also leads me to believe that you also value honesty and integritey. It is for these reasons that if and when I ever have the need for your services I would not hesitate to do business with you.

Outdoorsman

I went out and took some pictures just now....Trust me the pictures make it look better....

I'll post pictures here in a few

Since I'm rebuilding it to how I want, and only using the hull, I thought of making up a name as though it is an entirely different brand boat.

Here we go....One of the pictures is showing the paint in the middle of being taken off with paint stripper. There is no going back at this point. :twisted:

Attachments

• Picture 113_798x600.jpg
    Picture 113_798x600.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 2,257
  • Picture 116_798x600.jpg
    Picture 116_798x600.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 2,257
  • Picture 117_798x600.jpg
    Picture 117_798x600.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 2,257
  • Picture 114_798x600.jpg
    Picture 114_798x600.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 2,257
  • Picture 115_798x600.jpg
    Picture 115_798x600.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 2,257
richg99 said:
then,,, how about Boatatious... that way, you only have to change a few letters...Ha ha Rich

Na.....No name really....

What I'd really like is something similar to what was done on the picture.

Something that says Muskytek but looks like a manufacturer logo. And something that would look good on black.....Boat is going to be silver and black. If I'm the winner I'd even slap a logo from Bulldog's business, and put it maybe back where the "Bodacious" is on the back. Again something that goes either with black or silver. I'm undecided on an entirely silver transom, or half silver/half black.

Attachments

• IMG_0889.jpg
    IMG_0889.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,136
Mine aren't the worst..I colored them with a paint pen, and as you can see, it was running out by the time i finished :lol:

IMG00045-20110103-0905.jpg

I'll bite mine kind of look like crap since I applied them with a sharpie a few years ago as a temp till I got some paint on it, well they are still there, sort of. LOL And I named my boat just never have actually put it on there "Left For Dead" was fitting considering the shape I found her in. Love to do a wrap just out of reach right now.

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0085.JPG

And how she looked when I got her.

P7270030.jpg

Latest posts