Want a foot control trolling motor, idk if I have the room

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zq8blazer

Reaction score
It's a 95 Monark 1660mv and the front deck isn't very long. Currently I have no pedestal mounted on it and idk if I have the room to have a seat and be able to use a foot control trolling motor too. I was wondering what you guys think and if anyone has anything similar? Here is a deck similar to mine.

Attachments

• DSCF0051.JPG
    DSCF0051.JPG
    339.3 KB · Views: 465
  • DSCF0014.JPG
    DSCF0014.JPG
    317.4 KB · Views: 465
I would say at a minimum you will have to expand that deck back 18 inches to be able to use a foot control. Does your boat have that hatch there also? If it does you will have to leave the foot control loose to be able to move it to access that storage compartment. Loose foot controls are a pain to use.

thewalleyehunter said:
You can also look into a wireless pedal or something like Minn Kotas copilot system.

I agree!

You can go wireless or wired (non-cable driven) and the pedal is small with a really long cord. You could operate the trolling motor from anywhere in the boat.

Although extending the deck would also be a good idea.

Or one step up from there and get the iPilot. The MK Powerdrive V2 iPilot is remote control only and the Terrova iPilot is remote or foot control. The Powerdrives foot pedal (without iPilot) is a piece of garbage and more trouble than it's worth.

The main reason you need to extend the deck for a foot control is that the cables will only bend so far and still work properly. My Alumicraft bass boat has a small front deck about equal to what you show there plus the 18 inches. My seat post is at the very back edge and my MK edge45 just did have enough give to work both in the down position and stowed. I just bought one of the curved offset seat post to allow me to sit back a little further from the pedal.

i dont think you have room. i have similar boat and am debating on just getting hand control and seat. to be honest, sometimes the foot control on my bass boat bothers me cause i have to watch where its going. with the handle, the hand eye coordination is a lot easier. good luck on your decision.

If your deck is same size as in the pic, i would bet the pedal would reach the lower floor. I know the cable on my minnkota would reach

Latest posts