Waterwings our first Moderator

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone! :) . Jim is correct, this site has no problems and a great bunch of members, plus I guess he knew I wasn't catching a lot of fish, so I had time to help moderate, lol :) . Anyway, thanks for all the congrats! :) . Following is a quick report of why I was out of town:

Got home about an hour ago from a long and tiring trip. Late Wednesday I headed to my mother's to spend the night, then Thursday morning at 7:30am myself, mother, sister, and niece headed to Great Lakes, IL (about 30 miles north of Chicago) to watch my nephew graduate from Navy Boot Camp on Friday. Long 6.5 hr trip with high winds the entire way. Got to the gate at boot camp at 6:15 on Thursday morning to check-in, and went through a fairly thorough checkin (random visitors and the vehicles). They graduated roughly 790 new sailors Friday! Spent about 3 hours with our new sailor then had to head home. Took 2 hours to get out of/through Chicago, then there were detours going to I-65 South, then had a 30 minute delay about 30-40 miles north of Indianapolis due to a wreck, then we finally get to Louisville and I-65 South is under repair and they're funneling three lanes into one! That took an hour to get through that. Finally reached my mother's house at 1am. What took us 6.5 hrs to do initially, took 9 hours (including gas/rest stops) to do coming home. I'm whooped now.

Congrats to the Nephy, I remember when I was there had to hang our skivies up using string #-o , good luck to him and YOU :wink:

shamoo said:
Congrats to the Nephy, I remember when I was there had to hang our skivies up using string..

Clothes-Stops! I remember those dang things, lol. Hard to untie them from the laundry when they're hanging outside and frozen, lol. Boot Camp now has laundry service. I remember washing everything, incuding sheets, using what basically amounted to a fingernail brush. :shock: . What year what you there?