Weekend - Pressure Wash, Fish, Install bow eye

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nlittle

Reaction score
In that order I had some boat fun this weekend.
Cleaned her up like new, put on the stickers, fished a little and made an *** out of myself reloading, then put in a bow eye. Will let that cure this week before putting any pressure on it.

UGH, look at pics from bottom to top...I forgot to do the order correctly. LOL

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 493
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 493
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 493
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 493
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 493
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 493
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 493
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 493
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 493
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 493
Looks good!! I need to install a bow eye on my boat, but I'm afraid to drill the holes!

I was really afraid too. "Measure" 5 times to get it right where you want it. Also, I started with small bits and moved up testing the bolt in the hole until it fit. I did one then marked the other hole directly from the bolt.... I was nervous but I think the 5200 will keep it sealed. I am not worried about the strength. Making the backer was a pita too....I never did get it just right but it definitely spreads the load.

Not even a nibble, it was cooooold and windy so it was more of lake trial I think. :)
Still just nice to get out there.

Nice progress and very nice to see you get your tin on the water. That's a feeling that's hard to beat. In terms of retrieving the boat more easily, practice and a pair of guide-ons really help. Lots of options on the latter, though I really like those with with lights at the top for easier maneuvering in the dark. Lot's of examples on here, including the ones I used on my build...link below. Keep up the good work.

For guide ons i may do the ladder stabilizer and pvc....need to go on the cheaper side....

Latest posts