West system 105 epoxy?????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymaglures

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can use this product on a tin boat to seal seams and rivet's ??? Has anyone used this product or is steelflex or glovit a better way to go??? The reason I ask is I have a couple of gallons on hand but don't want to create a nightmare for myself. If you have used it with good results what were your prep for the application. Prime then apply or what would be the right steps for applying ??
I am a little new at this so any help would be great, Thanks

Thanks very much. I don't want the nightmare of removal. grinding the hull was enough work the first time. That being said could I use this stuff to seal the plywood instead of fiberglass resin ???? I have a fair amount and would like to use it for something any other ideas for using it would be great. Thanks

HI jay. Crazy is correct that this particular epoxy won't work on your hull. Instead you'll want to use a different epoxy product like Gluv-it to paint the interior seams and seal them if need be. You should be able to use the 105 along with 205 to seal any and all wooden components as well. It's much better than the fiberglass resin. In fact, it's best not to use the resin at all. You'd be better served using Spar Urethane/Varnish. You may want to contact West Systems, or look at their website to find the exact ratio of epoxy components.

Latest posts