What did you catch today?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a break last night after I cut the grass while the wife was putting the youngan to sleep. So i made a couple casts in the pond behind my house with my good old trusty Texas rig. Second or third cast 2lber and a few casts later at a different target landed this one. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370525280.566389.jpg

July 2nd... sorry for the crappy quality, GoPro is great for video... pictures not so much

40" Northern Pike
earlypikefishin_025.JPG

21" Smallmouth
earlypikefishin_021.JPG

30" Northern my girlfriend caught
earlypikefishin_019.JPG

Here is the largest largemouth I caught over the holiday weekend. Had a smallie that was longer, but weighed less, no pic of that hawg.

Attachments

• 7-6bass.JPG
    7-6bass.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 1,156
Necro resurrection! Snagged a 45lb spoonbill yesterday in Chetopa, KS. Water had went back down 8 ft or so in the previous 24 hours but still got one. Lost a ton of tackle but hooked one on my first trip:)

Pistol is for scale.

As some of you know, I had to take a 3 year sabbatical from fishing to work on some health issues. Yesterday I walked around my parents pond and picked up this little 2+ pounder. Normally nothing to write home about but the biggest thing I've had on the end of the line in a while. Felt good :)

20150502_105752_zpsjk6if92c.jpg

Fished the Susquehanna Flats (Upper Chesapeake Bay) Saturday. Only hooked one decent striper, broke off right at the boat.

Caught some small stripers, about a 1/2 dozen large catfish and too many to count small white perch. Only a few keepers came home in the cooler.

Don't have any pics because I was fishing alone and I was paranoid to attempt any selfies with my phone after I screwed up and let the second big catfish I caught fly outta my grip, hit the gunwale and go back in drink. Taking my digital scale with him ](*,) ](*,)

Went out over the weekend, caught several smaller bluegill and crappie, bluegill were just now spawning which is only a month late. Caught a few small largemouth bass, biggest being 14 inches. Kept 5 nice gills and a 12 inch crappie for the pan though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,109
Was out last Thursday for the first time on the Bouge sound in N.C. looking for flounder. Didn't find any flounder but did hook up on this one in the grass. Great fight and a good first ever in slot red drum.
0813150722_resized_zpswyjph3tx.jpg

0813150630_resized_zpsxaszovm1.jpg

Was out on Old Hickory Lake in TN Saturday morning. All elements for fishing was perfect that day. Reeled in lots of small stripers and smallmouth on a chartreuse 1/4oz rooster tail. The largemouth were hitting hard on watermelon shaky heads. Weather was perfect so we stayed out for roughly 11 hours. Sadly, no pictures. I don't trust myself with electronics on the boat lol.

Hit Old Hickory again last night for some late night fishing. I tried a new cove right off the channel and despite mostly stagnant water, I still managed to pull in a decent sized cat. Only had 3 on the night but this was the largest by about 6 inches.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1444577420596.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1444577420596.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 2,210
Had a good day out on Old Hickory again. Only snagged 2 keeper largemouth but they put up a good fight. I got a 4 1/4lb 19"er while my buddy got a 4 1/2 lb 19 3/4"er.

View attachment 1

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1446325946779.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1446325946779.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 2,172
  • uploadfromtaptalk1446326014047.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1446326014047.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 2,172
Caught seven LM bass this morning. All over 2lbs. Lost a 3.5-4lber at the boat. Caught them on wacky rig Senkos and SK redeye lipless crank.

We have a hybrid stocking program going on in our lake. This is the largest one I have caught so far.

IMG_4420.JPG