What kind of Boat do you really want?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
18'x66" or so mod V, .190 hull with .5" of poly. 150hp inboard jet center console setup 120lb trolling motor. But then I like running over rock gardens...

Actually the 1448 85hp inboard jet CC works really well for me.
Jamie

redbug said:
Loggerhead Mike said:
a brand spankin new bullit or nitro
boy that is a real swing in choices..

Like the choice between a Chevy Aveo and a BMW Z series.

No way I could make it with just one. Yes, I'm a boat *****.

First one
20 foot + 2 ft. motor setback aluminum hulled T-Top center console for striper fishing the large reservoirs, coastal fishing and watersports on the big lakes. Powered by either Etec or Honda 200 - 225. I hope to start on this within a year. My original time goal is shot to heck, but I'm alright with such, given the reasons of it's delay.

Second one
1652 mod vee jon turned inboard jet, much like Ranchero, for chasing stripers (as well as some green fish - river spots can be fun) in the Etowah and Coosa rivers. I am about to build such a thing (once I find a 1448 - 1652 hull and worthy donor ski), so be on the lookout in the next couple months. I've already pissed off Ranchero with a volume of questions. #-o

Thirdly
I want a 16 ft. Alumacraft vee hull, modified, with a 40 - 50 tiller. Just something that is economical to tow and operate, would be safe and reasonably comfortable in rough water, yet still be practical to use in smaller bodies of water, and shallow water (sandy/grassy shallow water that the river jet wouldn't be practical in). I have the 14 ft. version, as well as a 40 tiller, which I would like to trade up to an similar year 16 ft., but will likely mod the 14 this summer.

Also, what fun would life be without some broken boats/motors taking up yard/shop space? A random supply of nonrunning outboards, and jon boats in need of repair would nicely finish out my collection. Of course, if I ever got rid of the 10 or so outboards I haven't touched in a year or more, I could have some space for some new ones I won't touch for a year. :lol:

Loggerhead Mike said:
Like the choice between a Chevy Aveo and a BMW Z series.

lol. you cant compare a sweet chevy to a foriegn dump on wheels ;) :LOL2:

And I should know better, seeing as my dad happens to manage an independent shop that repairs the "foreign dumps on wheels."

But, when you get right down to it, they do drive quite nicely especially when they are somebody else's.