What to do

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTord03

Reaction score
On my trailer there currently are 2- 2x6s that my boat rests on and it has rollers down the middle. I think the boat sits up too high because it doesn't even touch the rollers on the trailer but almost every time I load the boat on the trailer it sounds like the boat is hitting the trailer somewhere in the middle. Any ideas on what it could be hitting or how to fix this issue? Thanks

From what I have read the rollers are suposed to be there to help keep the boat off the fram of the trailer. But not really to sit on them. I guess its ok for them to do that but I believe you want all the weight on the bunks as they distribute the weight more evenly.

As for it being up high if its 2x6 on end a 2x4 will lower it...if its a 2x6 on its side then a 2x4 only lessens the amount of surface the boat will sit on....does that make sense....

You may look to see if the bunk hight is adjustable too.

For the rollers look on the frame of the trailer to see if there are any marks from contact. look the bottom of the boat over too...then move or put a roller there on the frame and you should be good.

When your boat both goes ON and Off the trailer, the angles are strange. Only way I would know what was happening would be to have someone else back the vehicle in.... while I watched carefully..Then recover the boat doing the same thing.

Many rollers are almost rusted in place. Tbhey can make screeching noises when we force them to turn on launch.

Looking for scratch marks, as suggested above, will no doubt help.

regards and good luck, R

Latest posts