Where does your fishing partner sit??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ACarbone624 said:
bcritch said:
I'm 6' tall and one of my fishing partners is 5'8" so he can sit where ever he wants because I can see over him :mrgreen:

Shamoo??? :mrgreen:

I'm guessing that he hasn't looked at this thread :mrgreen:

russ010 said:
You know one thing you might can do after looking at Bassboys boat, is put you a pedestal a little left of center in the floor - and just put a 12-15" pedestal in there for your partner

But in all honesty, I think they would be fine sitting on the rear of the front deck

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I saw Bassboys boat. Now the problem I see with this is if I put a seat base plate in the floor, will I have enough room below for the pedestal pin? I don't want to modify a box like his because I want the floor as open as possible. If I have enough room below the floor this would work perfectly. Then i can take Bugpacs idea of adding another seat base plate to the right of my rear seat to counter balance the weight. Thanks for the ideas guys. You got the wheels turning :)

I think you could get around the depth issue by cutting off what ever you need off the seat mount and on the pedestal...

Or, you can use a taperlock style of mount, but I think it is raised off the floor and not flat like most mounts are... that would probably bug the crap out of me if it were in mine just driving me to make the person sit on the rear of the front deck...

https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_9177____SearchResults

after looking at the pics of your boat though, I think that the front deck extends far enough back for you not to worry, but you could always just pull the seat out of the rear deck, you sit directly on the deck and he on the other side.... that would save you money in the long run

on the front bench in the seat. Since i cant see "well" with somebody up there the rule is to yell "brace yo self" if we're fixin to jump anything. My boats really to slow for it to be a danger though

russ010 said:
You know one thing you might can do after looking at Bassboys boat, is put you a pedestal a little left of center in the floor - and just put a 12-15" pedestal in there for your partner
That is what I thought of doing (and really wanted to do, as I didn't want that *#&^ seat box in my way when flying solo), when I built that boat, but I really can't put enough faith in those pedestals at speed. I have serious doubts as to how long that pedestal, or more likely, the base, is going to withstand bouncing through 2 ft. waves at 30 mph (that 13 inch post gives a LOT of leverage), especially if you cut a bit off. Even if the pedestal and base held up, there would have to be quite beefy supports underneath to support that load under a 6 inch plate, really only giving the floor 3 inches of leverage to combat the 13+ inches. I can see that design working with a homebuilt base plate, that was about 12 or so inches square, if not bigger, and a post machined out of aluminum bar, not a steel pin pressed in aluminum tube. 'Course, it may just be my tendency to overbuild things, but that never hurts.

bassboy1 said:
russ010 said:
That is what I thought of doing (and really wanted to do, as I didn't want that *#&^ seat box in my way when flying solo), when I built that boat, but I really can't put enough faith in those pedestals at speed. I have serious doubts as to how long that pedestal, or more likely, the base, is going to withstand bouncing through 2 ft. waves at 30 mph (that 13 inch post gives a LOT of leverage), especially if you cut a bit off. Even if the pedestal and base held up, there would have to be quite beefy supports underneath to support that load under a 6 inch plate, really only giving the floor 3 inches of leverage to combat the 13+ inches. I can see that design working with a homebuilt base plate, that was about 12 or so inches square, if not bigger, and a post machined out of aluminum bar, not a steel pin pressed in aluminum tube. 'Course, it may just be my tendency to overbuild things, but that never hurts.

Oh, Thanks for those thoughts - I hadn't considered how that might not hold up. Might be good for the first run, but my fishing partner could end up on the floor on the rush back to the dock. :?

Latest posts