will it stick

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbhansford

Reaction score
Hey redoing the bottom on a 1648 duracraft and have 2 quarts of superslick steelflex and 2 quarts of regular steelflex. Anyone know id I put a base layer of the regular, if the super slick would stick on a second coat?

lbhansford said:
Hey redoing the bottom on a 1648 duracraft and have 2 quarts of superslick steelflex and 2 quarts of regular steelflex. Anyone know id I put a base layer of the regular, if the super slick would stick on a second coat?

Can't answer your question, but have you thought about calling the manufacture and ask them? Seems to me that they would be qualified to answer. Just a thought.

Id definately call Fasco on this one. They are very nice and helpful folks. I dont think your getting any replies because no one has tried this before.

So just got off the phone with fasco... for future reference they will bond to each other with no problem. The regular steelflex is thinner so by combining them, tit will make the super slick a thinner mixture. I personally am going to do a light base coat of regular steel flex and then once it sets up a little bit go back with a layer of super slick.

Latest posts