Will this work?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth

Reaction score
I have a 24v trolling motor on my boat. Can I run my 12v accessories from the trolling battery that has the trolling motor ground wire and be ok? I'm not worried about fish finder interference from the trolling motor because I only watch it while driving the boat around with the outboard. Here's a drawing of what I'm wanting to do.

Attachments

• boat_wiring.JPG
    boat_wiring.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 588
Honestly....I'll probably just do that. I d alot of night fishing and always have the lights on and didn't know how much it would drain the cranking battery. It's been wired like above since I got the boat so I just left it that way.

I would think you should be fine like that...like mentioned I think I would just run them from my cranking battery. My Father-in-Laws boat was set up to run acc. of the cranking battery and I would run Lights all night and a fish finder and never had any problems. It was a dual purpose battery.

leave it like you have it... that's the way mine is ran - and I do A LOT of night fishing with the setup you have. I have the HDS 5x finder and lights ran on mine, as well as the radio... the Livewell pump is ran on a separate battery.

I wouldn't put anything on the cranking battery.. it's a long troll ride back to the ramp sometimes if you aren't careful

russ010 said:
I wouldn't put anything on the cranking battery.. it's a long troll ride back to the ramp sometimes if you aren't careful

Uh, I woudl just use one of the other batteries to crank the engine then

Can't you just pull start it???

Mine is an electric start but I still have a rope and it starts just fine with one pull.

Doug

No pull start on my motor. I'm just going to wire the pumps and lights to my cranking battery and then run the fish finder off of the trolling battery. That way I can remove the batteries in the fall when I go gigging and don't need the extra weight and don't need the fish finder then anyways.

Captain Ahab said:
russ010 said:

see... I knew we kept you around here for a reason!... but that's considering you can actually move your batteries around while out on the water.

russ010 said:
Captain Ahab said:
russ010 said:

see... I knew we kept you around here for a reason!... but that's considering you can actually move your batteries around while out on the water.

Jumper cables?

I carry a small jump pack "just in case" :D

Captain Ahab said:
russ010 said:
Captain Ahab said:

Jumper cables?

I carry a small jump pack "just in case" :D
:LMFAO: :LMFAO: