wireless trolling motor??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello to all. Im helping my cousin set up his new jon boat. Wew are looking at getting a wireless controlled trolling motor. Our concern is how fast does it rotate when you make a turn. Example whould be like when you get hung up on some trees and you go over near shore to get untangled with a cable control you can rock the pedal back and get out fast. Do the wireless move that fast as well? Thanks,Brian

the wireless motor I had was very slow I have heard that they have improved but they are nothing like the cable steers
IMO they are fine if you fish deep slow water but if you are fishing shallow go with the cable steer

I have the minn-kota powerdrive v2 it is not as quick responding as a cable steer. With that being said I love the powerdrive. low foot control so its easier on my back. I have not had any problems with my motor getting hung up from not turning fast enough. Not sure if this helps but just my.02cents. :)

thanks for the replies. It may be better to go with a cable trolling motor since we will be fishing rivers. Thanks,Brian.

redbug said:
the wireless motor I had was very slow I have heard that they have improved but they are nothing like the cable steers
IMO they are fine if you fish deep slow water but if you are fishing shallow go with the cable steer
X2 We have two and both are slow. Trying to get them synced every morning sometimes is a real pain and when your up in the stumps you can forget about moving around anywhere real fast. There is about a 1-3 second delay from the time you push the button to the time the motor finally starts doing what you want it to do.

Latest posts