Wrecked the boat pretty bad.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going around a corner too hot? Who do ya think you are? Shelby Stanga from 'Axe Men'? :LOL2:

Glad everyone fared OK, and the insurance is going to take care of it.

The picture of the hull, appears to be a regular thickness johnboat hull.
Just out of curiosity, are there a lot of boaters that run in rocky rivers using regular johnboats?

I ask that because I'm thinking of taking a trip inland one day, to the upper reaches of the PeeDee River, near the exit at Blewitt Falls Dam, and I know there are a lot of rocks in this part of the river....and have some concerns about running it with a standard Dura Craft hull. I'm not going to try to intentionally jump rocks, but there's always a chance of striking one that's partially submerged.

Wow....Glad you guys are okay. Maybe we should wait a while before we go fishing together.....and I'll drive! :roll:

Yabba Dabba....OUCH!! :-&
The important thing being of course, that you & your friend weren't seriously injured.

Your accident reminds me of one I was informed about. About 10 years ago, I took my 1st ever fishing trip to Canada with a bunch of guys from a local church. Anyway, I took the boat I had then (16' 1980 Mirrocraft with 70hp Johnson-L-O-V-E-D that boat!) with the group. One guy had a nice 16' Lund Walleye boat with a 35hp Evinrude & the co-sponsor had a Florida flats fiberglass type boat with a 40 or 35hp oil injected Merc. Well, the co-sponsor's son was driving the FF boat & complaining that he felt like he was dragging an enormous anchor. Turns out, the motor WASN'T injecting oil but WATER! #-o Can you say 'fried motor' boys & girls? Anyway, the running joke the entire trip came from the guy who owned the under-powered Lund & it centered around stealing my motor (that got old REAL quick). A few months after the trip, Mr. Lund von Blowhard sold his 35 hp Evinrude to the guy whose motor got fried. Then blowhard, proceeded to buy a 2year old, saltwater run 75hp Evinrude from the State of Washington (had it shipped to Mich, didn't get a super bargain or anything so don't ask why!). Anyway Lund von Blowhard was happier than Rosie O'Donnel at a DNC Pie Eating contest. The following year, the church group decided to go back to their old Canadian stomping grounds for their annual fishing trip (I didn't go). Apparently, on the last day, as the sun was setting, Blowhard Von Lund had 2 or 3 guys in the boat with him & was heading in. Well, roughly 300 yards from shore & not yet quiet planning, Mr. Blowhard hit a boulder the size of a VW bug that was roughly 1ft under the water.... KA-POW! :? Shattered his entire lower unit at the tune of $2,300.00 ](*,) And it was said that IF they had been on plane, they'd would've either all been launched 20 feet out of the boat or would've died on impact. Whether that's true or not, whose to say? Thankfully no one was seriously injured. Talk about a bunch of 'Bad News Bears'! I would've felt bad for him, if he wasn't trying to be a show-off in questionable waters.
P.S.I caught & landed a nice 40" 16lb Muskie by myself on that trip I was involved with in case anyone was wondering :lol:

Sold the motor, pump, throttle and shift cables, hot foot, and the prop lower unit Saturday for $1500. I thought it was priced fair, mabe a little high but the guy did not even haggle with me. He and his buddy helped get everything off the boat also.

I'm still looking for a nice boat. I have found a few that I like but nothing perfect. I'm looking to spend about $10-11k and if the wifey would let me spend $15k I could get the outboard jet boat of my dreams but she is not in. I really want a River Pro but just can't swing it YET. I'm still going to sell a few things off the boat so if you see anything you'd like, PM me and we'll talk.

Latest posts