yankyfan's 1432 Sears finished product!! (on board grill!)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here I was thinking I had thought of everything that could go on my boat and then you up and put a grill on yours. Pretty good idea.

The grill is awesome! I am actually working on a small setup that will drop in like that to perk coffee while on the lake. Had a freezing week (in the 30s the whole time) fishin' with my cousin and we would have killed for a hot cup of coffee while out there. I'll post it when I get it done. I am also going to work on a grill set up now...can't help myself!

Love the grill idea as long as you don't dump a burger in the water. :shock: I might have to go swimming for it. Your mod looks sweet too. Nice job!

Nice boat and work. How do you like that Motor Guide, Is it true that the head or bottom can swing around so it could be mounted on the front of the boat on a trandsom like piece of wood?

Thanks for sharing your work with us!

I like the variable speed of the Motor Guide, but that also seems to be its flaw. After 1 season I am already running into problems with the variable speed switch. Also, the shaft likes to slip down the collar a little bit to easily. Anyone other people have experience with this motor?

I believe the head can swing around, try and track down a manual for it its probably on their website.

@geeksterman I didn't carpet the wood because I think the stained and varnished wood absolutely looks amazing, why cover it up!

RBuffordTJ said:
The grill is awesome! I am actually working on a small setup that will drop in like that to perk coffee while on the lake. Had a freezing week (in the 30s the whole time) fishin' with my cousin and we would have killed for a hot cup of coffee while out there. I'll post it when I get it done. I am also going to work on a grill set up now...can't help myself!
I hear you on the coffee
https://www.12volt-travel.com/12-volt-coffee-makers-c-92.html

yankyfan100 said:
I like the variable speed of the Motor Guide, but that also seems to be its flaw. After 1 season I am already running into problems with the variable speed switch. Also, the shaft likes to slip down the collar a little bit to easily. Anyone other people have experience with this motor?

I believe the head can swing around, try and track down a manual for it its probably on their website.

@geeksterman I didn't carpet the wood because I think the stained and varnished wood absolutely looks amazing, why cover it up!

I read a Q/A on BPS web site and somebody said it does spin around. I might go for the 45lb thrust but would rather the 55lb

Good idea .... no doubt save a bunch of money over this....

https://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=16863&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=11151&storeNum=10124&subdeptNum=11371&classNum=11405

I got a used one like in the link at a rummage sale for $40.00...works great.... just have to get used to using propane instead og charcol....

Outdoorsman

I'll bet everyone on that lake wanted a cheeseburger after smelling those cooking on your grill. Great idea, Now all you need is a beer tap (or soda machine)... =D>

Huntndogs said:
I'll bet everyone on that lake wanted a cheeseburger after smelling those cooking on your grill. Great idea, Now all you need is a beer tap (or soda machine)... =D>
and a freezer for making ice cream in the summer ! :idea:

I've have my grandparents coffee pot from when we went camping 45 years ago and a coleman 502 single burner stove from 1971.

12_Tinner said:
Nice boat and work. How do you like that Motor Guide, Is it true that the head or bottom can swing around so it could be mounted on the front of the boat on a trandsom like piece of wood?

Thanks for sharing your work with us!

I have never had trouble with my Motor Guide, Sure you can swing the head around, Just remove the top of the Cont, housing, There is like 3/8 bolt in there goes through the Shaft, Self locking nut on it, Remove that, Turn the head around and put your bolt back, You also have to remove the Cont. handle, Be careful to put it back like it was!! Very easy job, just watch what you are doing, Works out good!! :wink: