YJs 1236 Semi V Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
muzikman said:
YJ,

I'm quite anxious to see the finished product! (probably not as anxious as YOU, though!)

Looking forward to some full photo shots of boat and trailer both and meybe some shots in the water as well so we can see how she sits.

Your hard work will soon pay off. =D> =D> =D>
Thank you, muzikman. Yep, I am pretty anxious. I'm, like, right there. Got some of the stuff in yesterday that I had ordered. I now have the switches and circut breakers installed and wired in. Today I got the trolling motor quick connect recepticle and plug installed and wired in, but somewhere in that process the bilge pump quit working. UGGG
The fishing seats were supposed to have been here yesterda also but they never showed up. FedEx tracking said they were out for delivery. I was way disapointed. Now the tracking says for Tue, the 14th. So much for two day shipping. Ordered on last Wed.

Attachments

• 20150412_112807_Smyrna Church Rd.jpg
    20150412_112807_Smyrna Church Rd.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,237
Here's an update for the past couple days. I'm so close, I can taste them fish. [-o<
Installed an 8 gang switch panel and today an accessory panel with a 12v accessory recepticle, dual USB chargers, and a digital volt meter. On the switch panel they aren't all used but at least I have space for possible future additions.
And.... today, 4 days late, my seats and 50 amp circut breaker finally came in. Oh, and I also added a 12v recepticle on the side of the battery box. Now I just need to get some 1/4"-20 Ss bolts to mount the seats with.
I've also got some of the small stuff due in this Thur. A couple dock lines, a hitch reciever lock, a digital fish scale, and a couple other things that escapes my brain at the moment.
Can ya smell them fish frying?

Attachments

• 20150414_173836.jpg
    20150414_173836.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,224
  • 20150414_173917.jpg
    20150414_173917.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,224
  • 20150414_174651.jpg
    20150414_174651.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,224
**** that's some nice work, your are getting close, you will be on the water before I do :)

Post some pics sitting in the water to see how she floats.

Coersum said:
**** that's some nice work, your are getting close, you will be on the water before I do :)

Post some pics sitting in the water to see how she floats.
That isn't to far off. The trailer will be registered this coming Wed. That's pretty much all I been waiting on to see how she sits in the water. Can't wait.
Thanks.
Oh yeah, you can bet there will be pics.

Ok folks. Sorry for the delay in my updates. Lightning nailed my computer and router a couple weeks ago and just got the computer back yesterday.
But.... In the mean time, I been working on the Li'l Fisher. That's what I finally named her.
Pretty much have her finished with a few small projects left to do on her. My biggest worry was with the added weight from all the plywood and stability while in the water. Last Fri. or so I took her to a local city lake and slid her in. She went in and came out easy enough by myself and much to my dismay she didn't sit anywhere near as low in the water as I thought she would and with just me in the boat I was actually able to stand up and move around without going swimming. Tooled around for about an hour on the trolling motor but didn't want to get to far off on her maiden voyage, just in case. (I still haven't been able to get the "Ted Williams" OB to run but had it on the boat because it would actually be part of the normal overall weight).
Needless to say, I was really thrilled with the overall outcome of having her in the water for the first time since starting the rebuild. Next up was stopping at the AmVets on the way home for a celebratory Bloody Mary and a couple of beers. :beer: :beer: Then this past Monday, my buddy was off work so.. we just had to go put the boat in the water and see how she did with two of us in it. Last I weighed I was at 240 lbs and my buddy is about 220 he says. Again she did pretty good but wasn't as stable as with just myself. Most of the time, I'll be going solo anyway :) ... Had a bit more wind this time around and found that a pair of guide-on's are definitely in order. Also need to add another keel roller on the trailer about 3.5 ft behind the front one.
Then, Tuesday, the vinyl boat names came in and I got those on her.
Almost forgot. Out of both times at the lake not one drop of water could be found inside the hull or bilge.
As usual, please any comments and/or thoughts are most welcome. And Thank you to everyone one here who has helped me along the way so far, both from my reading your build threads and those that added their input on mine.
So now it's time for the pics.

Attachments

• 20150428_123957.jpg
    20150428_123957.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,169
  • 20150428_124148.jpg
    20150428_124148.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,169
  • 20150427_172241.jpg
    20150427_172241.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,169
  • 20150426_125307.jpg
    20150426_125307.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,169
  • 20150426_125221.jpg
    20150426_125221.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,169
  • 20150423_151313.jpg
    20150423_151313.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,169
  • 20150423_151150.jpg
    20150423_151150.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,169
:beer: Congratulations on your first launch.
I have to admit it definetley looks better sitting in the water than on the trailer though :D

Congrats on a successful and dry launch. I am surprised she sits so high with all that extra weight (the floor.. talking about the floor lol). We'll see how mine sits once I finally get her wet :D (if everything goes to plan, possibly this Saturday, or next weekend depending on weather).

canadian omc said:
:beer: Congratulations on your first launch.
I have to admit it definetley looks better sitting in the water than on the trailer though :D
:) I am 100% in agreement. Thanks, canadian omc

Coersum said:
Congrats on a successful and dry launch. I am surprised she sits so high with all that extra weight (the floor.. talking about the floor lol). We'll see how mine sits once I finally get her wet :D (if everything goes to plan, possibly this Saturday, or next weekend depending on weather).
Coersum, no one is more surprised than I on how high she sits. I had already accepted the fact that I very well may have to take out the decks because of all the extra weight. But now, since most of the time I'll be going solo I may change the seat pedestals to the pole type, so I can easily loose one seat when not needed.. but doing that, the front one would have to change where it's at since that's the battery box it is currently sitting on. (unless they don't go more than a couple inches inside).
Looking forward to seeing yours in the water..

YESS! I LOVE IT congrats. And also, glad to see it doesn't seem to sit too low in the water from adding weight. I was curious how that'd turn out. Awesome work!

Great job on the ol' girl. One nice thing about doing it yourself is the satisfaction that you have a boat that is laid out like "you" want. Plus more pride in ownership of course.

The red and white looks awesome. You managed to make it look newer yet still classic. I really like the tags too..........Were they stickies or painted?

callelk said:
Great job on the ol' girl. One nice thing about doing it yourself is the satisfaction that you have a boat that is laid out like "you" want. Plus more pride in ownership of course.
Man ain't that the truth. I got to say, that I am pretty proud of how she turned out compared to what I started with.

SumDumGuy said:
Boat came out real nice Y_J, good job.

How's that motor coming along?
Thanks so much Sum.. the motor still isn't working. I put new plug, points, and condenser in it but didn't do a darn bit of good, so now I'm thinking of tracking down a new coil for it. Bought a new spark plug tester today so I can better test out the spark on it. Will check that out tomorrow. I tried 2 different marine shops here and neither one wants to even bother with it. Both told me that for what the motors worth, would cost about $90 per hour to just look at it. One quoted me about $2000.00 I don't think so. So, I'm still in the market for a 9.9 HP that I can afford to get to. Plus I've started looking for a new project boat. Flat bottom, 14' or better.