Your 2 favorite Big Bass surface lures

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccm

Reaction score
Just wanted to start a friendly thread about big bass topwater lures as there is nothing more fun in the area of bass fishing than seeing a huge bass explode on a surface lure. My two favorites are the Gilmore Jumper and the Super Spook. Just wondering what any one else likes to throw when they think the big ones are feeding on top.

:twisted: Back in the day it used to be the good old Arbogast jitterbug. Now, I prefer buzzbaits. Cavitrons and Terminators. Big fan of the simple Panther Martin frog too.

Yeah when I fished strip pits back in the day it was a Jitterbug!
Nowadays, its a yellow and white buzz, and a blue and clear super spook. Those are my go to topwaters.

I must admit though, my heart has never beated harder than after a 6 or 7 pounder smashes your scum frog through the duckweed 3 feet from the boat. Whew boy, hang on.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=349034#p349034 said:
B.E. Nelli » 17 Apr 2014 01:36 am[/url]"]I must admit though, my heart has never beated harder than after a 6 or 7 pounder smashes your scum frog through the duckweed 3 feet from the boat. Whew boy, hang on.

Same thing for me but with a significantly smaller 1-2 pounder! :LOL2:

I'm a fan of the classics - 5/8 oz Jitterbug in the frog pattern, and a Heddon Torpedo in G-finish Shad.