Zoom Baby Brush Hog...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...in watermelon candy. Absolutely love it! Caught two lunkers (imo) on two different lakes in the last week with said lure. One being a private lake, so no biggie. The other is a park lake about 7 ac., so the fish have probably seen it all. I normally pull small fry, but got a 3lb 14oz largemouth with the bait on Monday. I was amazed!

Just thought I'd share. Anyone else like this lure?

shhhhhh!!! nah, those baits don't work - don't waste your money ( :---) )

but yea... when I catch one with a lizard, I throw that baby brush hog or the big brush hog right behind it depending on what size fish I just pulled out... I like green pumpkin, then I spray the legs and bottom with chartreuse garlic (I do the same things on my lizards and the hit ratio is almost 2:1)

Never caught a thing on a brush hawg, whether it was super, tiny, or baby, or just the regular ones not one has been bit for me. Ill toss a pack in my bag and see if I cant change that tomorrow

this is really a good time to be throwing brush hogs, as well as lizards. Most places (in the southeast) should be near the end of spawn or in post spawn right now - and that lizard is my #1 bait for that... I'll throw a lizard year round though and do pretty good

russ010 said:
but yea... when I catch one with a lizard, I throw that baby brush hog or the big brush hog right behind it depending on what size fish I just pulled out... I like green pumpkin, then I spray the legs and bottom with chartreuse garlic (I do the same things on my lizards and the hit ratio is almost 2:1)

Never tried that trick before; I'll keep that in mind next time.

I hardly ever throw the same lure back right after I catch something... if that fish has got them riled up a little, I throw a worm, lizard or brush hog back in and swim it back to the boat looking for a reaction strike from another fish who missed the opportunity the first time... it's amazing, but it works for me

Latest posts