14' deep V sylvan mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey, amazing job on the boat. I have a boat very similar to yours and looking at doing the exact same setup. Have you tested the boat on the water? Do you find the boat top heavy or very stable? I would love to see an over shot of the whole inside if possible. thanks

Thanks flipte, No I havnt had her on the water yet. She is very close to being finished up. Still ice on the pond here. Tell me again what kind of pic your looking for? I'll try and get that for sure. Thanks again.

I like the mods you have made. I am wondering about stability though. I just picked up a 14r Sea nymph and plan on adding a front deck similar to yours. Please update us as soon as you can float test it.

Great job on the mods fathead!

I have two safety concerns I would like to point out for you. Both are easily fixed.
1) Fuel tank. The red fuel tanks are not listed to be in an enclosed locker, they are designed to be in the open. Having said that, I know many people who run them in enclosed lockers, but at the very least please vent the locker, you will need a minimum of four vents, two high and two low as per USCG regulations. The size is determined by the size of the locker and the size of the fuel tank, but I would say for your boat probably at leas three inch vents are required.

You have your battery and your fuel tank in the same locker, you DO NOT want an enclosed space explosion on your boat, please vent that locker.

2) Anchor mate. Is see that you have your anchor mate mounted on the port side parallel to the beam. This will put you in a compromising position if anchored in heavy current or heavy seas. The force of the seas (waves) will be pounding you on the port side at almost 0 degrees, this will either cause you to drag anchor or could possibly swamp/capsize your boat. Basically you want you anchor rope to be in-line with the Longitudinal Centerline of the boat, or off just a few degrees, so that waves will break against the front of the boat where the boat is designed to handle them.

I know you are on a budget, but your life and the lives of your passengers are worth far more than what it will take to correct these.

Thanks for the extra shots! man that looks amazing, I hope mine will come out half as good lol.
Please let us know how it handles on the water.

How much weight do you think (aprox.) you added to the boat in wood?

Just a few minor corrections, no big deal. Awesome project man.I want to do a few things to my boat also,great job!

Thanks guys for all the feedback, Hey Rat if you look back in the pics I think you can see that I cut out around where the motor is mounted to allow for venting, do you think I should put in another vent possibly on my hatch? And also would it be a better idea to mount my anchormate up in the front maybe close to my bow light then I suppose I could run my rope down through the front deck? Appreciate the comments though.

Thanks guys for all the good comments she's not at all what I expected to her to be. Was supposed to be just carpeting the original seats, that is until I found this site! As for approx. weight flipte I'm guessing with deck and framing maybe 30-45lbs.?

I hope he makes a good fishing partner Cabinetman cause his mother dosn't care to fish or eat fish! Too bad if you ask me. lol He was pretty darn excited when I put him in there.

have you had your boat in the water yet? just wondering how it handels? I'm thinking about doing the same thing to my boat but am wondering about stability and weight.

Hey PK1, I had the same fear. If you put "legs" transfering the weight of you stepping on the top deck right to the bottom it will increase the stability.

Latest posts