14' flat bottom stability

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsaavedra

Reaction score
gonna get a 2006 lowe 1436L jonboat.

i plan on decking it and putting some pedestal seats on it.

would it be terribly unstable if i build the deck on top of the existing bench seats?

i knida wanna do like what PBW did to his boat.

One sure way to find out.

Put it in the water and stand on top of the seats while shifting your weight around.

I think it will be a little unstable but how much is acceptable really depends on how/where you are going to use it.

We stand on the seats of my 1448 to bowfish and if one person moves quickly without the other knowing it has pitched people off of the seats. :mrgreen:

dsaavedra said:
gonna get a 2006 lowe 1436L jonboat.

i plan on decking it and putting some pedestal seats on it.

would it be terribly unstable if i build the deck on top of the existing bench seats?

i knida wanna do like what PBW did to his boat.

Welcome aboard man! Thanks for joining!

I was going to respond to your other thread with a link to PBW's mod so you could see the way he (and others) have attached there deck. Did you see his videos testing his deck? Watch those and you will get a great idea on how stable it will be.

https://tinboats.net/videos.html

im doing 1 right now,the biggest thing to me is keeping it low as possible,and light as i can.ill post more pics when i get the wood i want. :idea:

Latest posts