14 foot deep v motor options

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ifish

Reaction score
I have a 14 foot that I redid and it's rated for a 25 HP motor. I added wood, battery , carpet and some other stuff that would add about 130 lbs. Which is like the 3rd person in the boat. I am mainly gonna use it on rivers which I would need some extra horsepower for getting up and down and for safety. All you 14 foot or 16 foot owners what do you guys use HP wise on your aluminum boat. THanks Oh by the way its a Deep V thanks

I have a 30 rude on 15' Duroboat. Deep v bow with a lesser v to the stern.Top speed about 24/25mph. Does yours have a v bow and a flat bottom at the stern? Flat vs ved stern does have a lot to do with the speed you will get. Flat is faster.

Frank

i have a deep-v starcraft 14 ft with a 15hp johnson on it and it works great with me and my son but put a 3rd person in the boat and it struggles to get on plane a little ,i weigh 225 and he is about 150lbs

Go with the biggest motor your wallet can handle.
I'm running a 20 hp on a deep v 14.5foot
It's ok for two but put more weight in becomes a snail
I'm thinking my speed is cut down by 25% per person

Damifinow Fish

I'm running a 14' Ultra Jon slight V with a 25 HP Nissan. I've added a front and rear deck and when I run by myself it will do 29 WOT. You may want to put the Max HP it's rated for your max results.

I'm running a 15hp gamefisher which is a recarbed 9.9hp on my 14' Mirro-craft I can get on plane by myself and run WOT at 15mph mine is a "resorter" w/ flat bottom at the stern. I also have storage lockers and front deck. I am going thru a 25hp 88' Evinrude and hope to have it running in a couple of months. My guess is much more torque(after finding the right prop) and possibly 25-30mph. If any one else has done the same thing and has some input please speak up. I know that from reading the many posts on here that I will through bolt the motor to the transom once my height is found. When I figure out how to post some pic's I will be happy to share some. :D

If your boat is on the heavier side because of decks, batteries, etc then I like a 11 pitch prop. The speed is about the same as a 13 pitch but it grabs the water better which gives a better hole shot and more in control feeling.

Latest posts