14 foot mirrocraft deep fisherman refurb

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmirrocraft

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Just picked up a 1981 mirro craft deep fisherman 14 ft the past week. Came w/ a 1986 25hp johnson and few other accessories. It is my first boat so I don't know diddly about them, but thanks to this forum i'm starting to get myself educated.

My plan is to refurb the trailer; repaint, rewire w/ LED lights, and possibly install some guides (but that all depends if I can hide enough money from the wife).

As for the boat, I plan on removing the middle bench and installing a low floor and also installing a deck up front. My closest lake doesn't allow gas engines so I hopefully can install the middle seat strong/secure enough to be still be able to use the oars. Of course I have many more grandiose plans for the boat (e.g. telescoping ladder installed at the bow) but will tackle the important/safety ones first.
Just want to say thanks for everyone who contributes to the site, it has helped me immensely. Hopefully I'll be help someone down the road. One thing lacking from some of the threads is the cost per project. The reason I bought this boat: ease of use, fits in my garage, but more importantly, the cost. So with that said, I'll try to post exactly what I spent and include many of pictures (because lets face, who doesn't love pictures).

So without further ado, the below picture is when I picked it up. I'll get started hopefully in a week or two when the temps are suppose to climb out of the 30s.
Cost $999.99 - 3/15/13
-Jim
boat_zpsafe44523.jpg

:WELCOME: I love it when a new mirrocraft owner joins.....It seems that there are 4 of you guys this week. You will have plenty of help here.

Thanks.

Cold Minneapolis, MN. Summer can't come soon enough.

Nice boat by the way. I'm considering using a ladder as well, so light weight. But i'm considering a lot of things because all i ever think of nowadays is this boat.

jimmirrocraft said:
Thanks.

Cold Minneapolis, MN. Summer can't come soon enough.

Nice boat by the way. I'm considering using a ladder as well, so light weight. But i'm considering a lot of things because all i ever think of nowadays is this boat.

Welcome, Jim.
Be sure to update your Location profile.
I'm in the Mpls area too. South of the metro near Lakeville.
I'm sick of this never ending winter as well.

Have fun with your project.

jasper

I have not had a chance to total all my expenses up yet, but I am guessing that I am well over $1000.00. I started my mod last Feb and paid as I went along. The biggest lesson I have learned would be to procure all the material up front, then start the mod. I will do this next time. Good luck and fire away with questions.....there are some guru's on here, they just won't admit it.

I joined here and have been lurking all the Mirrocraft builds because i just inherited practically this same boat- 78 Mirrocraft Deep w/ a Evinrude 25hp...
You summarized everything i would like to do. .

I look forward to your progress.