14' gamefisher

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jmowery2333 said:
I pretty much have the same setup as you, and am looking to do pretty much the exact same thing to my boat. Just not sure how to build the frame for the floor...any tips on how you fastened it to the boat?
The only places it's fastened to the boat is to the original seat supports. the fore/aft 2x2's you see in this picture were wedged under the side/side 2x2's where they would sit on the aluminum channel pieces, and then screwed to each other, but not to the boat.3-30 wiping.jpg
The front hatch area was made in one piece and is secured with just 2 screws to deck and 2 screws to small front seat thing at the bow.
I cut the 1/2" plywood tight, and screwed it to framework after carpeting and it is very stable with no creaking or anything.
I put one bench back in the front between where the 2 I took out were originally, and I think that was a good move. before I secured it back to gunwales, I used straps to squeeze sides back in to where they were originally.
Take measurements of width of boat before you remove the seats, and then use ratchet straps to squeeze it back to where it should be when you are measuring for frame and decking etc.

jmowery2333 said:
I pretty much have the same setup as you, and am looking to do pretty much the exact same thing to my boat. Just not sure how to build the frame for the floor...any tips on how you fastened it to the boat?
If I remove the screws holding the framework to the original seat supports, I can take out the frame in one piece.

Awesome...that's what I thought, but wanted to make sure...I am hopefully going to get started on mine next week...I have off thurs and fri, and I am on an 8 day stretch right now :x Thanks, I will hopefully get pics on here once I start, but it probably won't be the best since this is my first time trying this, but I thought what the heck, I got the boat dirt cheap.