14' LOWES JON BOAT

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen this done quite often, and it has always struck me as odd. How do you like having the pedestal seat on top of the storage hatch lid? Not that I was planning on doing that, but everytime I see it, I always wonder if it is a real frustration, or not as much trouble as it seems.

Be nice to have a good metal fabricator on here. I was raised around woodworking, and only somewhat recently have we really gotten into metal fabrication. I may have questions at some point. :wink:

I DIDN'T LOSS ANY FLOTATION.THE SAME FLOTATION IS IN THE BOAT.I HAVE FLOTATION IN THE NOSE,THE MIDDLE AROUND LIVEWELL,AND BACK WERE THE MOTOR IS&UNDER THE ALUM FLOOR.THE ALUM.DECK & AND THE FLOOR IS NOT HEAVY.ABOUT 3 FT OF THE NOSE IS FLOTATION.I HAD MY 2 BATTERYS IN THE STORAGE WHEN I FIRST BUILD THE DECK.I DIDN'T LOOK THEM UNDER THERE SO I PUT THEM RIGHT BEHIND THE LIVE WELL.I ADDED 3' 5" TO THE ORG.DECK.

BASSBOY IT IS NO PROBLEM I LIKE IT.THE REASON I PUT IT THERE IT PUT ME ABOUT 4 TO 4 1/2 FT.OFF THE FRONT OF THE BOAT.I MAIN PUT MY BOTTOM BOUNCERS,PLANNER BOARD,BLACK LIGHTS,FOOD.THING THAT I DONT USE ALLTHE TIME.THE SPACE IN FRONT OF MY LIVEWELL IS WERE I PUT MY TACKLE BOXES ,MINNOW BUCKET,ECT.THAT KEEPS EVERYTHING OUT OF TH WAY.

no attempt too thread hijack but i get 30.4 empty and 25.5 with 2 men 2 dogs 40 duck decoys 30 goose decoys 2 shot guns and lots of ammo and a big lunch lol
and thats on a 14ftr with 48 inch bottom and a 25 horse

were did you get your jack plat and did you gain any speed with it. i have a sixteen ft jon with a fifty and want to get a few more mph out of her. thought a jack plate would help. any info would be a greatly apprciated

The jack plate was put on the boat because of long shift motor.But it plane out faster the motor pushs the boat about 30 to 31 mph.As far as trying it with out the jack-plate I never have.

Latest posts