1448 Sea Nymph Big John

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this sucks. I am gonna have to raise the deck frame in the boat to make room for the battery and the storage box. It is too low for the battery to fit in and the decking will hit the box. After I reinstalled the box, I added the old deck back in for a test fit and noticed it was rocking...it sits on the box instead of the frame itself...the pic shows the frame. My other problem is that the hole for the storage in the main front deck is even with the casting deck so when I raise the frame it will block some of the hole...the main front storage can be seen in the 2nd pic.

deckframe_zpsd5ae3d38.jpg

C3C6B15E-E639-48D7-857E-350B12C7BB94-1664-0000029270C66265_zps04dd9c9b.jpg

I am also going to have to change everything over from my main motor to my parts motor. Noticed today that 2 of my intake bolts are stripped out...If that doesn't work, my father in law has an older 40hp Lark that I can get. IF that doesn't work, I'll be looking at cutting down the transom to fit a short shaft in. Money is tight so I'm having to work with what I have at the moment. I really hate to cut the transom down but I think thats where I will end up...

I'd round those sharp corners.

They are, not completely rounded but the sharp edges are gone. I'm thinking I will remake this to add a few other things to it like maybe my switch panel and key switch. Not sure yet...

Got my live well plumbing in today. Almost installed. I'll get pics up tomorrow if no rain.

My live well setup:

livewell_zps4c5eda50.jpg

Works great. I ended up going through the bottom of it for the drain. I know it will not drain completely but at least it will get rid of a lot of water, maybe a 1/16" of water left but over time it will evaporate :LOL2:

Well, took the boat out. Floats great. No leaks. I still haven't gotten the 40hp fixed so I used the 7.5 hp that my son traded for...definitely need a bigger motor lol 6mph just isn't enough...

Well, after getting the Live Well working, work on it has stopped. I have become unable to work at my job due to an injury. I do have it water ready and able to fish out of it but all the mods I had planned will have to wait for awhile :(

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=322908#p322908 said:
JGibson » Today, 00:14[/url]"]Well, after getting the Live Well working, work on it has stopped. I have become unable to work at my job due to an injury. I do have it water ready and able to fish out of it but all the mods I had planned will have to wait for awhile :(

Well, the best thing about a boat is they usually wait patiently until you can show it some more attention. Get better by dreaming about being on the water.

I wonder how many trolling motors were on the front deck and what the rest of that story is, looks like 5 or 6 sets of holes.

Latest posts