1951 14' Starcraft Semi-V Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, very well done! I especially like that curvy aft deck, I may go cut mine out tonight and rebuild it!

I got the same boat so you making me drool!!!! how steady is she in water? I plan on doing the inner-coastal some days and then the everglades the other days (salt and fresh water, perk of being in South Florida) Would I be safe with decent size waves?

Okay, finally some updates... it's not complete for sure, but it's getting close. I still need to do a little bit of carpeting, buy and install my radio, build the livewell and cooler, rod holders, lights, switch panels, etc., etc, etc. There are a few catfish blood stains on the carpet already, but that just adds character. It's a very stable boat for a 14 footer with it's extra width, but I can't answer JustMe's question about whether or not it would be safe on bigger waves or the intercoastal waterways, because I have not had it on big lake yet with "big" waves. I have access to a 13 acre private lake that I've been taking it out on. You may have noticed that I don't even have boat numbers on her yet! Gotta get it legal soon though... I will be taking her to bigger lakes soon for the walleyes and pike!! :D3000 (2).JPG3000 (3).JPG3000 (4).JPG3000 (5).JPG3000 (6).JPG3000 (8).JPG3000 (9).JPG3000 (10).JPG3000 (11).JPG3000.JPG3000 (7).JPG

Wow that looks great! I assume you are just stigging on one of your decks? They look high enough that it would make it comfortable to do so. Going to use a gas motor on any larger lakes? I was thinking that's why you have the curved area in the back deck. I like the garbage can. Heh, my garbage always ends up going into the sucker minnow bag that I tossed aside. Only problem is I never open that right either, I just rip a hole in it when I dump them in my livewell.

that looks good man that same size as my boat I got a 1959 feather craft. What size motor you running on it.

Beautiful !

Now how much is it going to cost me to get you to build me my boat?! :)

Dyin2Fish said:
Thanks... '71 20 horse Johnson
cool if it is the same size you know you can go up on the motor size my boat is 15 ft and across the top it measure 68 in. bottom is 59in and mine rated for 45 hp and I'm running a 1973 50 hp mercury

I wonder if you made it out on the big water yet, I am very interested in hearing how it did. I have a vested interest LOL

i have a 12 foot starcraft that i am going to do something with and i think i have found what i am looking for mine will just be on a smaller scale thank you for the insight on how to do mine

It's been awhile since my last visit to the site and happy to see so many new members and great boat projects. The winter has been too long for sure and I'm ready for spring and some time on the water. My latest project on the boat is a sun canopy and detachable enclosure. I will update the site with some pics soon. I started off with just a simple overhead canopy and it just sort of evolved into something else...

Very Nice job.. saved an old boat and got something in return. It really is something to be proud of. Hurry up with the new photos ...
I can't wait to see the boat again. =D>