1951 14' Starcraft Semi-V Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally some pictures of the custom canopy that I hand-sewed over the winter. I have about half as many hours into the stinkin canopy as I did the rest of the boat, but it is well worth it to block the Kansas wind and sun. The pics show most of the canopy. I had the back sides off to make fishing from the back easier. Believe it or not, I'm thinking about selling the boat to move on to a new hobby... I do this periodically due to a short attention span. Thanks to everyone for all the compliments, tips and words of encouragement along the way that helped me get it done.

Attachments

• 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    492.1 KB · Views: 1,758
  • 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    439.4 KB · Views: 1,758
I've decided to end my posts with pictures of the boat actually being used. I realized that I had all these pics of the boat in my garage but not one of it out on the water. Some of these I can't believe I'm sharing with the world (you will figure out which one's I speak of), but wanted to show everyone how well it sits in the water, even with my fat a** and how much room a small boat can have if properly planned. These were taken yesterday at Winfield Lake. We had a great Memorial Day weekend and hope everyone else did as well.061.JPG060.JPG059.JPG056.JPG051.JPG049.JPG048.JPG

Not sure how I missed this build, but you did a great job. Excellent craftmanship there. Simply awesome, everything you need and then some in a 14 footer.

I have been reading through most of the conversion examples and this is my favorite. I seriously grabbed my wife, which humored me to show her your boat. She was impressed, which says a lot since she rarely humors me regarding boats or fishing.

The one question I have is on the storage covers. Did you attach flat bar aluminum to the frame to prevent the hatches from caving in? Also it looked like you used yellow floatation under the floor, but I also saw that you had storage under the floor. Also do you have the plans for this that you would be willing to share. I think I could figure it out, but I would love to see what and how you planned it out.
Thanks again for the great example. I am going to be starting my 15 Smokercraft Alaskan deep v soon and will definitely be stealing some of your great ideas.
Josh

Dyin2Fish,
I'm ready to start a conversion of a '51 12' Starcraft. I am extremely impressed on the job you did with your 14 footer. Is it possible to get all your pics/jpegs if you still have them? You had a lot of great ideas and would love to merge them into my project. Appreciate any help. Send to [email protected] if you still have. I saw your latest conversion with the biminy top and again, great work

thanks!!!!

:shock: i think i have just found my inspiration, this was 2 years ago im sure he wont mind if i borrow a few of his ideas.... this is great stuff, i never would have imagined curving the rear deck like that. =D>