1973 Duracraft: Update 10-4-2010 New Pictures

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the layout. Is the floor raised any? If not then I potentially see a problem in running hose to the livewell up front. If the floor is raised even 2" then you would have a space to run the hoses for the livewell and I see no problems. If you are raising it I would seriously consider adding foam under the floor. This will provide floatation if needed, but also help strengthen the floor.

huntinfool said:
I like the layout. Is the floor raised any? If not then I potentially see a problem in running hose to the livewell up front. It will be raised slightly just enough for the plumbing and wiring. If the floor is raised even 2" then you would have a space to run the hoses for the livewell and I see no problems. If you are raising it I would seriously consider adding foam under the floor. This will provide floatation if needed, but also help strengthen the floor. I will be adding foam board as well a some spray foam around the live well, and rear storage.

Flatten out those seats or cut them at the corners and you'd probably have enough aluminum to piece in the floor. Use some foam board between the ribs and rivet down the aluminum good and it'll stiffen that hull right up and make up for removing the seats plus you get some flotation foam to make up for the foam under the old seats.

I took out one seat in my boat and got two bulkheads for a deck and a rod locker/step,
image006.jpg

a cover for the inside of my transom and part of the cap
image015-1.jpg

and a piece to 'reskin' my console

image005-1.jpg

I used another old seat from an unknown boat to make a stand to raise my livewell up 3"

image012-1.jpg

And make a 'catch tray' to fill the gap between the livewell and the side of the boat (Sorry no picture)

I see an awful lot of good aluminum from removed seats going to waste on this website

Actually, if we don't installone of the benches back in I was thinking of turning into a set of rear sponsons. Ther are already about the right size, all i would have to do is re-enforce them a little, box them in and install. Bada bing bada bang. 8)

On a differant not, filimng went well today. Was hot and humid but all in all it went well. Got two more segmnets done. Going to start up early again tomorrow. Got to get this thing done by end of the month. Making good heaway though. Will have some more pictures up tomorrow eveing or early monday depending on how things go. :lol:

Well, today was interesting. Was windy on and off. Played hell with our microphones. Got a lot of B-reel stuff and most of two segements. Got the wood transom done. Water proofed two pieces of 25/32 birch plywood the sandwhiched then together. Then cut out the new transom. I got 8 (no joke) coats on it betweeb yesterday and today. Going to put fiberglass resin around the edges to get a better water tight seel on the sides. Prepped and primed the transom (boat potion) inside and out. Also filled in a few small screw hole with water weld. Used the trusty old wire wheel on all the holes on the sides and clean them up real well. Next up is installing the transom (might wait on that, maybe gonna go with an all glass one from one of our members to show an alternaye method). Then we'll be flipping it and going to town on stripping the bottom. Then steel flex. :) Have a good layout for the inside decks/storafe etc. Will get some picture up shortly of the progress.

Updated photos.

Attachments

• 2 Joni On the Jon Boat June 2010.jpg
    2 Joni On the Jon Boat June 2010.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 642
  • 7 Joni On the Jon Boat June 2010.jpg
    7 Joni On the Jon Boat June 2010.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 642
  • 1 Joni On the Jon Boat June 2010.jpg
    1 Joni On the Jon Boat June 2010.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 642
  • 4 Joni On the Jon Boat June 2010.jpg
    4 Joni On the Jon Boat June 2010.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 642
  • 6 Joni On the Jon Boat June 2010.jpg
    6 Joni On the Jon Boat June 2010.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 642
  • 5 Joni On the Jon Boat June 2010.jpg
    5 Joni On the Jon Boat June 2010.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 642
Looks like 4.5 gallons. I spoke to my father and he is thinking about your offer. Got busy and did not get back with him to get you a price. Will try and work on that tomorrow.

Sorry got even busier today. I will call the shop and leave a message to remind both of us. When would you want to be doing this? If we do decide to do it. I may just make the transom and bring it up there and fit it there.

Well, no filming until Sunday this weekend. We have an event to go to most of Saturday so I think I may go fishing Saturday evening. Nice little break away from the "Mod from hell" we are working on. 8)

Got to thinking about our phone call and the price of the materials is correct but I may be a bit high on the labor. Probably about $125-150.

huntinfool said:
Got to thinking about our phone call and the price of the materials is correct but I may be a bit high on the labor. Probably about $125-150.

Ok,thanks.

Well, after kicking the idea around I ordered some aluminum today for the bracing / support for my deck. Gonna experiment a little with it and if it works out will include in the build/video.

We got a little filming on Sunday morning. Things going well. Looking forward to getting the aluminum in and seeing how that's going to work out. Finished out the transom, we used some fiberglass resin on the all edges to improve its water resistance. Got the sides sanded down then pressure washed. For time reasons not going to go down to bare metal on the entire boat. After sanding all the peeling / flaking paint some whats left sin't coming of so going to get ready to flip if and work on the bottom.

Well, I got all the sanding done and I got my aluminum in. Everything on hold for now. So my deadline went right out the window. We gong to be down est of Houston for about 2 weeks filming a job so we are on pause on this project. Can't wait to get back on it. So close yet so far away.

Let me know if your gonna be free one night, maybe we could get a cold one or maybe you could stop by the shop and I can show you some of what we do here.