1973 Duracraft: Update 10-4-2010 New Pictures

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today we finished painting the boat. Also painted the trailer. Got carpet to redo thr bunks. Also got some gray textured paint for the inside of the boat. Will have pictures this evening.

SO, I finished painting the outside of the boat (portions not covered by steel flex). After doing so, as you will see there is a good differance in the OD green of the steel flex (shiny) and the OD green (dull) of the boat, so I painted over the steel flex as well. I also got the trailer painted (wife did not like helping me get boat off of trailer). While getting supplies I bought some textured spray can that is "Gotham Gray". Its good for out door use, feels like a heavy grit sand paper when dry. I plan on using it to cover all the metal surfaces inside the boat that are not decked (inside walls, etc.) We will start on the decks next week. Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 478
How many cans of the gray did it take to cover the floor?I am also wondering about the name on the can
thanks

I've been trying to figure what manufacturer of boat I have. I know it's 1970 model and now I'm pretty sure it's a Duracraft. The single transom support and the livewell in the seat on mine are real similar to what was on yours before you stripped everything out. Mine has a flat bow rather than a two piece pointed like yours but everything else looks very similar. I've had mine for several years but have not done much with it. I'm in the process of stripping the paint now and keep looking at the light duty aluminum bow deck... :wink: I'm planning on taking mine to SC in a couple of weeks so I may only get the bottom sealed up and a good coat of paint on it in that time span. But the more I look at what you've done the more I realize that there is a whole lot more that I "could" do :D
Keep them pics coming!! Really appreciate you posting everything =D>

I'm also wondering about the maker/supplier of the gray spray coating???

The coating is callef Plasti-kote. Its made by Valspar in medina ohio. Website is plasti-kote.com

jcb said:
How many cans of the gray did it take to cover the floor?I am also wondering about the name on the can
thanks
I haven't used it to cover the floor yet, the picture I posted is a test spot I posted on a small picnic table so I could get a feel for the texture. I bought a case which is 6 cans. The coverage is pretty good, I coated the entire table and it appears I still have about 3/4 of the can left. Table is about 16 square feet. I hope that helps. Hopefully I will be able to get the interior done this weekend.

We're gonna pick things back up Friday and Saturday. Looking froward to it. Gonna finish the floor coating, and start framing things out. Should make some good progress :) Weather is supposed to be be really nice.

The weather was great this weekend. I was able to texture the floor and seal it. I didn't like the contracts between the grey texture and the OD green, so I went ahead and shot a couple of coats of the green over the texture. Turned out well. I also re-installed the bow platform. Filming went well. Next part is the decking / console options. Here are a few new pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0146.JPG
    IMG_0146.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0148.JPG
    IMG_0148.JPG