1981 Fisher 16' Modified V with a 1981 60hp Evinrude

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I purchased this boat about a month ago. It is a project for my two young boys and myself. I normally find myself fishing bass tournaments and I am fortunate to get a new Triton bass boat every year but I don't use it like I want to sometimes, because of trying to keep it in good shape. We bought this boat to have fun out of; bowfishing, catfishing, or just beating the banks. I told my kids that this is their boat. I will be posting some pics along the way. I am about half way done with my project.

When I found the boat it was full of leaves, limbs and snow. We have completely gutted it, removed the decayed carpet and any plywood. I am installing 1/8" aluminum and using some type of bed liner coating for traction. I haven't decided what brand!

Attachments

• 1981 Fisher Boat 061.jpg
    1981 Fisher Boat 061.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 1,369
  • 1981 Fisher Boat 063.jpg
    1981 Fisher Boat 063.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 1,369
  • 1981 Fisher Boat 009.jpg
    1981 Fisher Boat 009.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,369
  • 1981 Fisher Boat 004.jpg
    1981 Fisher Boat 004.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,369
More Pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    610 KB · Views: 1,357
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,357
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,357
Wow
You really got that boat cleaned up. Did not know that fisher had plywood on them. I think mine is all aluminum except for the transom. In any case that looks good. Have fun.
Tim

More progress

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,356
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,356
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,356
More updates

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,354
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,354
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,354
I just purchased the livewell but it is not installed yet. I will be covering the back dack with another 1/8" piece of aluminum. I also purchased a 21 gallon gas tank, maybe a little over kill on the boat but I couldnt pass up the price. With the weight of the livewell, gas tank and the cranking battery I am planning on putting my two batteries for my 65lb thrust Minn Kota up front to help distribute the weight. Wiring this thing is going to be a pain, not looking forward to that job. I will probably end up using grizzly grip for the deck and floor. Any suggestions?

I went ahead and purchased some Grizzly Grip to cover all of my new aluminum flooring and decking. Hopefully it will work fine. Pretty disappointed that nobody has thrown out any suggestions.

Haven't heard anything bad about grizzly grip, looking forward to hearing how the application process goes. Ever think about a vinyl covering? Only other non-skid I've heard good things about is Kiwi-Grip.

I have not heard anything about grizzly grip either. I researched a lot of product before going with hydro turf. I have not installed it yet, but I have heard nothing but good things about it. The PO of my boat installed a bed liner of some sort on my boat. If you ever decide that you don't like it, it is a pain to get off.

I bought it from a guy named "Bill". He has all sorts of things listed on Ebay. I found him by looking at the materials page listed on this website, (page 3). He lives in Salem, MO which is about 3 hours from me. Only cost $50. It's brand new. He has a lot of different items that are handy for rebuilding a boat.

Awesome!! Thanks for the info!! Hate havin all my coolers fly out on the highway!! hahaha :shock:

Just ordered more aluminum for the back deck, livewell lid and the interior side walls. Gator Grip should be arriving soon. Still need to plumb out the livewell. Now looking at some LED lights!

I have part of the decking done but not screwed down yet. The piece on the side of the boat is actually the lid of the deck extension. That gives you an idea of what the side will look like buy the piece will joint in with the floor. Pleased with the grizzly grip so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 429

Latest posts