1985 Bass Tracker TX-17 Resto/Transformation W/G3 Console

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollywooddippa

Reaction score
Finished restoring my BT TX-17. I gutted it down to the metal and replaced all the wood. Added an extra 22" to the front deck and swapped out the console with a console out of a 2005 G3 175. If anyone is intrested in the old Tracker console, console stand, steeringwheel, and G3 console harness give me a shout. I have a few other things that were on the boat like the seats. Let me know and I can send some good pics of the stuff I have left over.

Attachments

• Before 1.jpg
    Before 1.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 2,667
  • Before 2.jpg
    Before 2.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 2,667
  • Before 4.jpg
    Before 4.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 2,668
  • Finished 1.jpg
    Finished 1.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 2,668
  • Finished 3.jpg
    Finished 3.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 2,667
  • Finished 2.jpg
    Finished 2.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 2,668
Looks good! Do all of your gauges work? If so I might have to ask for some advice on how to hook them up...

Matt

All I can say is WOW! Night and day difference. Let's see some pics describing how you got the boat to it's present state. Nice job!

Matt,
I don't have the gages hooked up yet. I have all the switches working though. I have to pick up a proximity sensor for the trim gage to work. The foot on my motor has the speedo tube, so I just need to buy and run the tube from it to the speedo. I need to rig up a fuel sensor for my 12 gallon tank. The RPM gage is the one I'm having trouble figuring out.

DearJon,
I drove up to Alabama and picked the boat up on a Tuesday morning and started working on it as soon as I got off work. I'm in the Air Force and work a 10am-7pm split shift which is good since I can work on the boat in the m.orning while it's not so hot. I had it completely gutted by Thursday. I got lucky and the foam was in good shape and not damp or deteriated at all. One of the previous owners had sprayed somemore foam in it as well. I started working the wood deck on Friday, and had everything ready for carpet by Sunday morning. The rear buckets were in bad shape, so I removed them and caped them off since I added so much storage in front now. I added almost two feet of deck up front and storage underneath it. Saw a console listed on Ebay Classifieds and called up the guy (Bill) and he said he'd ship it me. While I was waiting on the console I pulled the boat out of the garage and hit it with some Toon Bright and got rid off all the oxidation and water stains. The console came in the following Thursday and I cut a support wall for it and added an extra 2" to the right side wall of the boat lip so it would it would sit even. All in all it took me two and half weeks, but I didn't have to do any structural work. All I have left is to finish hooking up the gages and mount the trolling motor back on.

Attachments

• Striped Down 1.JPG
    Striped Down 1.JPG
    301.9 KB · Views: 2,573
  • Striped Down 4.JPG
    Striped Down 4.JPG
    309.6 KB · Views: 2,573
  • Striped Down 5.JPG
    Striped Down 5.JPG
    290.6 KB · Views: 2,573
You found a great website to go to. These guys and gals are amazing. You'll get great advice, solutions and ideas from here. Just post up whenever you have a question. I look forward to seeing your build. I came up with some really good ideas on how to beef up the transome. I've made a couple of templets and am planning on going to a machine shop to have it all made. I'll post up a new thread as I do it.

Thank y'all. I'm going to start cleaning up the trailer next. I'm going to paint it silver and outline it with black pinstripes. My daughter likes the Pirates of the Carabean movies, so her nickname for the boat is the "Silver Pearl".

I bought my console from Bill's Boat Stuff also. I posted a link to his classified page in the "Modification Links" thread. He has a ton of stuff! Your console looks great.

Latest posts