• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1985 Lowe 1648 with flotation pods and aluminum decking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orion_134

Reaction score
https://s1083.photobucket.com/user/Orion_134/library/Boat?sort=3&page=1 The previews are low quality (for some reason), but click them and they get better.

Time to sell the hull, I'm tired of it. It leaks in a couple spots. All can be fixed rather easily/cheaply, I just don't have the time to work on it any more. In the left flotation pod something corroded through it at the water line, the hole is smaller than a dime. The other leaks are in the hull and with three people in it the bilge would only come on about once an hour. A couple rivets need rebucking, a minor leak at the weld of a knee brace, and another at a weld on the transom.

Onto the good: the deck is rock solid and painted with Rustoleum marine paint (with the pumice anti-slip additive). It comes with a galvanized trailer with not-golf-cart wheels (I don't remember the size, I can't stand the little ones) with LED trailer lights raised above the water line. The boat still has the DIY manual jackplate. It was setup with a trolling motor on the front and a center console (not included).

The boat was a fun little boat that could easily fish three and take five out to the springs or scalloping (telescoping dive ladder on left flotation pod).

$800 Located in GAINESVILLE, FL

I believe it originally was a 17" and is now a 20". I also think the base of the pods is 20". I'm going off of memory, though...